cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File --> IDOC scenario using XI 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried out a simple flat file to IDOC scenario using XI as the middleware and tried to post documents of type CREMAS03 on the backend R/3 system.

Now, I see that there is an IDOC number generated in the XI layer by the IDOC adapter. This IDOC number is seen under <SAP:DOCNUM>XXXXXXXXXX</SAP:DOCNUM>in the

Response-->IDOCOUTBOUND section of the pipeline in SXMB_MONI

According to SAP documentation :

<b>To enable you to select IDocs in the target system later on, the system transfers the message GUID and the IDoc number in the ARCKEY field of the IDoc control record.</b>

Now, I do find the XI msgid given as arckey in the control record of the Inbound in the target R/3 backend system. But I cannot find the XI IDOC number being cross referenced in the control record of the IDOC in the R/3 backend.

1.Is there a way to cross reference the IDOC number in XI with the IDOC number in the R/3 backend ( we have two different IDOC numbers, right ) i.e a IDOC number to IDOC number cross referencing in this File-->IDOC inbound into the R/3 system scenario involving XI

2. In the XI box, do we get as a part of async.reponse from the R3 system, the IDOC number that is created within the R3 system ? This would serve directly as a cross reference. Or do we have to indirectly query EDIDC table in the R/3 backend with the arckey value = msgid in XI - to retrieve the IDOC number created in the R3 backend ?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not mandatory that we need to have different idoc numbers in XI and end systems.

We can have same numbers.In our systems our XI idoc numbers and Idoc numbers are the same.

Check with your abaper's for the ALE settings and that should resolve the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks

Thanks for all your replies. I guess my main question has not got across - Assuming that ( Sravya, I will look into your suggestion ) IDOC numbers in XI and the R3 backend are different and assuming that an IDOC has got created in the R3 backend

-<b>Will the XI IDOC number be carried over into the R3 backend and stored anywhere in the R3 backend - as a cross reference - ( apart from the XI MSGID being carried over as arckey into the R3 backend )</b>

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

<i><<Will the XI IDOC number be carried over into the R3 backend and stored anywhere in the R3 backend - as a cross reference - ( apart from the XI MSGID being carried over as arckey into the R3 backend )</i>

I don't think so , XI Idoc number will be stored in R/3 as a cross reference.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more question here . In my File --> XI --> IDOC --> R/3 scenario , the file adapter never requests for an acknowledgement , correct ?

So, even though I do the ALE dist model setup on the R3 backend, I do not have any parties requesting acknowledgement in this case and hence would not receive the status of the IDOC processed in the R3 backend - back to XI, correct ? Or can the acknowledgement request be specified explicitly in the message sent by the file adapter ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

You can surely use acknowledgements. But they will be requested by XI,not the sender File Adapter. Use Application Level Acknowledgemets to ensure that not only is the message recieved, but processed at the receiver. You can then resend the messages with failed acknowledgements from the moni.

Regards,

Puloma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Puloma

How do I set this acknowledgement request property in XI - even if this is not set by the sending file adapter ?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls look into following link about Acknowledgement.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/8620c6b58c422c960c53f3ed71b432/content.htm

Pls note that , you can't get/receive the Acknowledgement for Sender File Adapter. Because File System acts as an Async system. But you can get the Idoc response and you can write it into another file. For this you need to use BPM.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Since you are doing a Flat file to IDOC Scenario, i would suggest you to also go through the blog <a href="/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/24/convert-any-flat-file-to-any-idoc-java-mapping any flat file to any Idoc using Java Mapping</a> by Ravi....It's a wonderful blog which clearly explains the Scenario...

I think your question regarding the Scenario was answered with the previous relpies.This is just an additional information that i thought i will give you as it did help me.

Regards,

abhy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Just to add to what Moorthy has already mentioned. IDOC number is generated under EDI_DC40-- DOCNUM by your R3 systems.

But, as you are trying a file to idoc, the DOCNUM value will be generated only at the reciver r3 system,

Regards,

Bhavesh

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Idoc number will be there in Control Record. Check in Tcode WE02 of R/3 and cross check with XI message (response).

REgards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean to say the XI IDOC number is recorded as a part of the control record in the IDOC found in R/3 ? I find only the EDI archive key - I do not find the XI IDOC number anywhere in the backend R3 system.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your case i.e File-to-Idoc scenario, Idoc number will be generated only when Idoc is created in the R/3. Once it is posted in R/3 it will have its own Idoc number and you can see in the Control Record/EDIDC . If you want to get the response then you will get the same in the XI.

TO set up ALEAUDIT go thru following link.

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/20/configuration-tips-for-a-business-serviceintegration-process-to-send-back-ale-audit-idoc

R/

Moorthy