Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How-to deploy Sample Adapter in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to deploy the sample adapter for PI 7.1

The only archive I can download is a rar file, which I can deploy "as is" using NWDS but in this case I get an error in the AF while testing a simple scenario (file --> receiver sample adapter):

Adapter Framework exception: Cannot lookup the ra connectionFactory. Reason: Path to object does 
not exist at sharable, the whole lookup name is deployedAdapters/sample_ra/sharable/sample_ra

it seems it cannot find the jndi-name (which I added in the module confguration of the sample adapter).

The adapter metadata was correctly (I suppose) defined in the Integration Repository.

Any help on how to solve this would be much appreciated!

thank you,

Daniele

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check NWA for the correct JNDI name.

It should be: deployedAdapters/com.sap.aii.adapter.sample.ra/shareable/com.sap.aii.adapter.sample.ra

Change referencec to this in adapter metadata and module tab of the channel

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need not deploy the sample adapter, as it is deployed by default.

Check with NWA, how the JNDI name is.

Problem Management -> JNDI Browser

In my system it is: deployedAdapters/com.sap.aii.adapter.sample.ra/shareable

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to point out that I'm not trying to develope an adapter module but a custom adapter instead.

@Jayanth:

The problem is exactly that I don't have the sample_ra.sda file, only a sample_ra.rar (which doesn't work). Could you point me to that file (or send me a copy if you have the one for PI 7.1)?

Thank you

Daniele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele,

You acn find the sample_ra.sda file in the XI Server in the following path: I think basis people can help you out in getting this file

\usr\sap\SXI\DVEBMGS00\SDM\root\origin\sap.com\com.sap.aii.af.sample.ra\

Take a copy of that sda file and open using the winzip you can find a .rar file and some Manifest, META-INF Folders etc....then replace the .class files present in the .rar file and then build the sda file and deploy and see..this should work

Thanks,

N.Jayanth Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jayanth,

what I'm trying to say is that that file is not present, but there is a sample_ra.rar instead in the directory you mentioned.

a simple search *.sda on the server produced amny results but no sample_ra.sda (nor anything similar).

I can't get if that's a problem of my server (although I've check 2 different PI 7.1 installations), but it seems that file is unreachable for me...

EDIT: Actually it was a problem of my servers, now I've found the file on a production system. Thank you Jayanth. I'll leave this unanswered until I'll manage to deploy it

Edited by: Daniele Conca on Feb 5, 2009 2:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele,

Finally you found it....anywayz.....it will work out....no probs.. the SDA File has a rar file in which it has a jar file with some Manifest and META-INF Folders

Regards,

N.Jayanth Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

You acn find the sample_ra.sda file in the XI Server in the following path: I think basis people can help you out in getting this file

>

> \usr\sap\SXI\DVEBMGS00\SDM\root\origin\sap.com\com.sap.aii.af.sample.ra\

unfortunately it seems that the *\SDM\ path doesn't exist anymore in PI 7.1,

I've checked now 3 installs (I thought I found it but was on a 7.0 release).

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele Conca,

why you created as rar file format, it should be in ear file format.

In NetWeaver Developer Studio

1) Create an Enterprise Application Project

2) Add EJB Module.

3)adjust J2EE-engine.xml file

4)Build EAR file

5)Deploy your EAR File in PCK or Adapter Engine.

in SDM Select Services under that select Deploy

and select EJB Container and Deploy it..

as of my knowlede the file should in EAR format.

Cheers,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Refer this link:

How To Install and Configure External Drivers for the JDBC & JMS Adapters

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f04ce027-934d-2a10-5a8f-fa0b1ed4...

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithiyanandam,

I tried out the drivertool but I cannot add any jar to the sda file I created. In addition to this it seems the tool was written for an older PI version and another deploy type.

I don't' know if all that matters, but I still cannot deploy the sda I create.

Another question, does the sda file have to contain a rar or a jar file?

thanks,

daniele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele,

You need to mention the jndi name in the "Module" Tab for the corresponding Receiver Communication Channel to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

N.Jayanth Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele,

You need to create an SDA File to deploy a sample Adapter in NWDS.The following error is thrown because it cannot look up the jndi name.

Adapter Framework exception: Cannot lookup the ra connectionFactory. Reason: Path to object does

not exist at sharable, the whole lookup name is deployedAdapters/sample_ra/sharable/sample_ra

There will be a java file in the default sample_ra.sda file (where you can get from service.sap.com) called SPIManagedConnectionFactory.java where the jndi name "deployedAdapters/sample_ra/sharable/sample_ra" will be defined as a default one. There you can put your own jndi name.

Thanks and Regards,

N.Jayanth Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your message,

I can see the jndi name in the class SPIManagedConnectionFactory.java, and I had already put that name in the adapter module (I left the default name).

The problem is that I couldn't find an sda file to deploy, but only a rar. I tried to construct an sda but it didn't work...

do you know where I can find such sda?

Thank you again,

Daniele

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have the sample_ra.sda file right?? it has the .class files in it...you can just replace the updated .class files (generated by you) in that sample_ra.sda file and then try to deploy it. I have done the same way...it has worked for me..

Thanks and Regards,

N.Jayanth Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SDA File has following data

Files in the SDA

Besides the JAR file with the Adapter Module classes and the ebj

descriptors, there are following files with path META-INF

MANIFEST.MF:

Contains the version numbers and the provider names.

SAPMANIFEST.MF:_

Contains version numbers, content, and component names,

similar to a catalog. The SDM uses this information to manage

the deployment information in its database.

application.xml:

Contains display names and references to icons if the adapter

is displayed with SAP J2EE tools.

application-j2ee-engine.xml:

Contains references required during SDM deployment.

The same Content is present in the Sample_ra.sda file

Regards,

N.Jayanth Kumar

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The problem is that I couldn't find an sda file to deploy, but only a rar. I tried to construct an sda but it didn't work...

> do you know where I can find such sda?

Download a patch for adapter framework from service market place, there you find the sda for sample adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Download a patch for adapter framework from service market place, there you find the sda for sample adapter.

Thanks Stefan, I've downloaded the latest patches already but they only contain a .rar file...

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> > Download a patch for adapter framework from service market place, there you find the sda for sample adapter.

>

> Thanks Stefan, I've downloaded the latest patches already but they only contain a .rar file...

I am sorry, I was wrong. There is no SDA file anymore. The .rar file is packaged in an SCA file.

For deployment use that sca file. (With JSPM)

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

>There is no SDA file anymore. The .rar file is packaged in an SCA file.

>

I am not able to find that sca either. I've got an sca (AF patch) but inside it there's a bunch of .sda and .rar files, and for sure that one is not the one I have to deploy.

Do you know where I can find a suitable deployable file?