cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying new SKU's

former_member503200
Participant
0 Kudos

I am working on an alert, where I need to raise an alert, if there are no shipments with in the last 6 months. The alerts are generating correctly but its also generating alerts for new products. How can I exclude these new products? We use Like model for some skuu2019s, and manually input ( Manual Adj) for some new SKUu2019s. We donu2019t maintain any active or inactive status on the Prod master. I checked macro functions also. Any thoughts.

thx

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member503200
Participant
0 Kudos

Though the question is not answered. I am closing it.

former_member503200
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, getting back to you late. Thx for both of you.

As PCX said, in his scenario, it will create alert for new products, whcih doesn't have any shipment history in past 6months.

As Visu suggested, We carry 36,000 SKU's, it's hard to maintain selection ID's for New and old SKU's. Any suggestions is welcome.

thx

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a thought..I am not sure how this would really help...as i have not worked on alerts.

Can you put a check on the material creation date in your logic for alert and remove products whcih have been created in the current month from logic execution...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess this is more scenario specific. You can create a selection id with the existing products and use that in the background job(MC8E) that raises alert . If you want to add more products, you have to add them manually. How you create the selection is depending on how you can seperate out new products as per the characteristics you have in your POS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff.

If you are using history greater than 6 months you could use the logic:

If

Shipments = 0 between now and 6 months in history

AND

Shipments >0 before 6 months ago

then

alert

endif

Hope this helps, M