cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livecache for SCM/APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are in the process of implementing SCM 5.0 SR3 with APO. Installation was successful and we applied the Support pack stack 14 also. We were able to get all the RFCs activated without any problems. Transaction "/sapapo/opt_inst" was successful with all green in REFs.

we have 2 questions and appreciate if you could kindly answer to those,

1) Do we have to use Livecache ? is it a must ?

2) From the installation point of view as a Basis consultant are there anything else that needs to be done with regards to the SCM/APO installation ? (APO specific basis activities)

Thanks and Regards

Kushan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Visu said, you need to instal Live Cache,as to my knowledge its only the LC that differenciates between Time series and Order series data in APO.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure how much progress you have done on installtion part. Few comments are on this :-

1) LC is a must for APO functionality as visu & sai mentioned.

2) From basis side once LC server is installed, connect and initialize from APO. Make sure SAPDBM rfc's are working fine. Once LC is initialized then execute /SAPAPO/DELETE_LC_ANCHOR report.

3) Ensure jobs/reports like the following are scheduled :-

/SAPAPO/OM_DELETE_OLD_SIMSESS

/SAPAPO/OM_LCAALERTS

/SAPAPO/OM_REORG_DAILY

SLCA_LCK_SYNCHOWNERS

4) Check o/p of /sapapo/om13, particularly Checks and Error messages tab for checking any issues with LC objects.

5) Also ensure LC backup and logsave options are set for MaxDB else lc log full situation can make your APO system standstill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kushan,

I am not a basis expert but I can certainly say that you can not run APO with out a live cache. You have to install it. No other way. Also there is a DB/Livecache forum in the same sdn forums. Please post it there and you will get better replies. Also search that forum to get all your basis questions answered.