cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment of Portal Appln Standalone DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've created a DC of type 'Portal Application Standalone'. I also created a DC of type 'External Library' for use by the former DC. Upon building the former DC, I see that the sda file is created with the par file within it.

Under Development configuration tab in NWDS, I checked in both the above-mentioned DCs and activated them.Shouldn't this have deployed the DC to the Dev server? I've verified that there are runtime systems configured in NWDI with deploy option checked.

I tried to locate my application from System Administration ->Support>Portal Runtime>Browse Deployment/Admin Console etc..but don't see it there.

Do I have to release the activity for it to deploy?

Also, I tried to right click and deploy the DC myself from the Dev Config perspective in NWDS. but i got an error saying 'sdm host is empty'. I've already set the host under Windows>Preferences>SAP EP. The port i set here is not the sdm port, but 500xx where xx is the instance no.

I was able to create a portal app and deploy it using the 'deploy par' option with the above settings. Am I missing any additional config configuration for DC deployment (am sure we hv to set the sdm port etc somewhere).

I'll appreciate if someone can help guide me on this.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thulasi_td
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Novice,

SDM port is 50018. 5<instnace no>18

Regards

thulasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are using the track from the same server that u have the EP set up, then u dont have to release the activity. just activating it would deploy it in the server.

and the sdm host has to configured in the "windows-> preferences-> SAP J2EE Engine" option.

Hope this helps.

Prabu J.