SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derivation rule does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created derivation rules for budget address and control object.

Both of those rules are created to derive superior commitment item if it is not a certain level of commitment item. I tested the rule on derivation test, it works properly.

When entering data into PR or FI transactions (e.g. F-43) the rule does not work. I switched the trace on.

So system gets CI, when tries to derive, but when i check derivation steps - nothing there... and result is not the one I'm expecting - changes are not made...

Then I hit derive and it derives CI properly... The same case on both rules. Rule starts, but does not derive anything, when derived manually - derives just what I need.

Any ideas what can be wrong?

BR,

Lauras

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to derive account assignments when entering PR or FI documents, you need to define derivation rule in FMDERIVE. BCS derivation rules for budget objects or control objects are working only for entering budget data or perform AVC check.

Regards,

Ming

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to derive account assignments when entering PR or FI documents, you need to define derivation rule in FMDERIVE. BCS derivation rules for budget objects or control objects are working only for entering budget data or perform AVC check.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm sorry, my explanation of the problem was not correct.

I need this derivation for budget availability control.

have CI 2.2.1.1.1.05_0456778-8 in PR, but it is budgeted and controlled on 2.2.1.1.1.05

BR,

Lauras

0 Kudos

Hi Lauras,

Is 2.2.1.1.1.05 an FC or CI?

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi Lauras,

Have you set in the AVC ledger the strategy for deriving control objects?

Budget Control System (BCS) -> Availability Control -> Settings for Availability Control Ledger -> Assign Tolerance Profiles and Strategy for Control Objects

Regards

César