cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operating system call gethostbyname failed (error no. 11004)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We can working on Abap Stack very fine but the Java engine can not starting and we are getting an error "Operating system call gethostbyname failed (error no. 11004)"

how to over come from this error. I tried to add the host names in the host file but no luck.

can anyone help me plz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We can working on Abap Stack very fine but the Java engine can not starting and we are getting an error "Operating system call gethostbyname failed (error no. 11004)"

> how to over come from this error. I tried to add the host names in the host file but no luck.

Where do you see this error?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcus,

thank you for the quick reply. We are getting this error on SAP Management console.

Regards,

FK

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where there? MMC is a frontend to start and stop the instance. It's a bit more information required what exactly is not started to be able to help...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcus,

in MMC on Syslog. (also in SM21)

Regards,

FK

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So your ABAP system doesn't find the Java instance by name, right?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes indeed.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So did you change the hosts file on the SERVER? If this is a windows instance you must make sure to add an empty line in the hosts file if it'S the last line.

After that you need to reset the hostname buffers in the ABAP system to re-read it (using SM51) - or restart the ABAP instance.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

user SAPJSF was locked. After unlock the user, Java Stack running again.

Regards,

FK

Answers (0)