cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large number of non processed files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

We have a flat file to IDoc scenario with lot's of incoming files (typically hundreds but can be thousands).

Strange thing happens: XI keeps picking up the files and processes them until it stops never to continue.

Waiting is NOT the solution, I tried this and for hours and hours nothing happens even though all the picked-up files are processed completely.

I tried moving the files out of the directory and (after some waiting) moving them back and sometimes this works but only a few more files are picked up less and less.

For example:

3300 files are the directory, XI processes 1700 and stops as if there were no more files.

I moved the 1600 to another directory, waited an hour, moved them back and 130 more are picked up.

Moved the files again, waited an hour, moved them back, and 48 files are picked up, then nothing.

The next day new files come in and only about 160 are processed, the rest are jut sitting there.

Any help would be much appreciated, I don't even know where to start looking.

Thanks a lot,

Viktor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi viktor,

go to transaction SM50 and check the work processes status.

How many work processes have u assigned .

if all the work processes listed in SM50 are in running mode that means there is no enough WP to process all the messages.then increase the no of work processes by going to transaction RZ04.

check out the link given by krishna moorthy to find out the processor and No.of work processes relation.

if u r using 1 processor then WPs should 5-7

if u r using dual processor then WPs should be 10-12

n so on.

regards,

aravindh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the long delay but if anyone is interested our issue was twofold:

1) we had problems with the table space, our basis team worked on this using OSS note 3155 and

2) we also had a Unix level space issue, with the large number of files filling up the directories. Old files had to be deleted...

I hope this helps someone else with similar issues...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Viktor,

Is it may be because of no.of work processes in the OS system ?

Just go thru following link- it may be useful

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/02/962817538111d1891b0000e8322f96/frameset.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the frequency of your polling interval?Do you have full permissions for the folder?Are you using file CC?what does the sender adapter log in RWB SAY?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Polling interval is 60 seconds.

Do I have full permission? What is the user ID that XI uses? The files are placed in the XI server so this should not be a problem, I think.

I also have "Process Read-only Files" turned on.

The files are coming from the same exact source so if this was the problem I would expect this to happen with every single file.

Yes, I'm doing CC, but nothing fancy, all the lines have the same structure and they are just moved to an identical XML structure.

In RWB I only see the "successful" messages for whatever actually got picked up, no errors.

This morning 2 of the 252 files got picked up. However at the same time 325 files of another interface did get picked up and succesfully processed.

I also changed this morning the file permissions on these 250 remaining files to rw-rw-rw- but still nothing happened (it used to be rw-rw-r--)

I'm still in the dark...

Thanks,

Viktor