Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-install jdk in the server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Right now my server is running on jdk1.4

Could any one please direct me how to switch it to jdk1.5?

Regards,

Krish

Edited by: Krish Krish on Feb 4, 2009 1:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version of WAS, EP, NWDS are you using? If you are using JDK 1.5 for ur NWDS already, then you have to look for JDK version of server alone. Please check the compatible versions of Java for your current WAS and EP. If JDK 1.5 is supported, then you can install 1.5 also on same server without uninstalling 1.4 and change the JRE used by server by configuration with config tool in offline mode.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your valid suggestions...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Both NWDS & WAS should be of the same release version. Though it may work if they are from different SPs versions for the same release.

As you say your application needs jdk 1.5, it seems you developed it with NWDS 7.1 release and your WAS is from NW 7.0 release which requires jdk 1.4. This will not work as they belong to different releases. You will need to uninstall WAS & install the compatible version.

Hope I clarify your query.

Kind Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP WAS server should be compatible with the JDK before upgrading... Is this criterion met in your case?

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am deploying an application into SAP WAS, basically the application needs 1.5 frame work but my server runs on 1.4. so need this upgradation.

Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Updating the JDK to 1.5 will not help in this case. You need to upgrade your WAS to a version which is compatible (CE).

Regards

Ayyapparaj