cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo password error with ECC system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have developed java application to connect to SAP systems for some data extraction. This application is working fine with older versions SAP 4.7 etc.

But now we are facing issues with the ECC system. When we are trying to connect to ECC system its giving error "Error: Name or Passowrd is incorrect (Repeat logon)". But we are able to login to ECC system through SAP GUI using the same userid and password.

If we change the password with all UPPERCASE (letters), it is working fine in java application also.

Please suggest!

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore

Ideally the user to be used for JCo connections should be a RFC user, defined as type "comunication" in TCode SU01.. the user with which you log into GUI is of type "dialog". So, create a user of type "communication" and place this user in CAPS (hope u already know this, it being a Java code)..

Let me know if it works ..

rgds / Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I face the same problem.

I resolve the same by appending IP & Host name in host file.

Please modify your host file Path :Start->drivers click then go to etc folder and edit your Host File. Or tell your basis person to do the same.

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi kishore,

this will give the some idea what happends on backend

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/10/19/attention-security-administrators-new-password-rules-are-on-their-way

bvr