SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fund center not getting picked from original document

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

we are trying to reverse document through MR8M, which has fund center and commitment item but still at the time of reversal it shows an error message Fund center not derived, We are not calling FMDERIVE for reversal documents.

Can anyone please help me.

Jyoti Gupta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you reverse a document, the system will not automatically bypass the derivation rules. You will have to add a dummy entry in FMDERIVE as the first step of the derivation strategy. Please read SAP recommedation on how to make that dummy entry. The specifices are in 'Step 1.1 No renewed derivation with reversal documents':

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/2a/6b1601a5d611d596fc0000e835339d/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ming

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you reverse a document, the system will not automatically bypass the derivation rules. You will have to add a dummy entry in FMDERIVE as the first step of the derivation strategy. Please read SAP recommedation on how to make that dummy entry. The specifices are in 'Step 1.1 No renewed derivation with reversal documents':

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/2a/6b1601a5d611d596fc0000e835339d/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have created derivation rule as suggested in SAP documentation:-

Source field - Reversedoc

Target Field - USERTEMP1 (overwrite with new value if new value is not empty)

Conditions - Reversedoc = X

Attributes = End Strategy processing if value found

Is anything else is required or I have done something wrong as I am still getting the same error despite original document containing complete FM account assignment.

Please help me at the earliest.

Thanks.

Jyoti

0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

The step you add is:

Sourcefields: REVERSEDOC

Condition: REVERSEDOC

Target fields: USERTEMP1

Attributes: End Strategy Processing if Value Found

Field characteristics: Overwrite with New Value

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Thanks Ming for your reply and sorry for late response.

I was getting this problem in MR8M only. At the time of Invoice verification (MIRO), system generated line item for rounding off difference. only for this GL, fund center was not getting derived from original document. So , I defined an additional derivation rule (for deriving fund center) for GL which is used for posting rounding off difference with condition that it should be executed when reversal indicator is checked.

It had no problem in derivation from original document if there is no additional postinng for rounding off difference at the time of MIRO.

Thanks for your input.

Jyoti