cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel-XI-IDoc Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to read Excel data through XI with File Adapter. Then with XI I will communicate to R/3 by IDoc. Can anybody let me know step by step procedure to do this. I know how to do if the Excel file is saved as .csv file or xml file. But I want to pick from Excel directly.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/10/xi-generating-excel-files-without-the-java-nor-the-conversion-agent-not-possible

use this u donot need java for thz.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sathish,

One way is write a Module to read the Excel file and conver it into required format and give it to Integration Engine.

Quick Links-

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/04/read-excel-instead-of-xml-through-fileadapter

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/06/how-to-process-csv-data-with-xi-file-adapter

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

I am new to XI. I dont know the in and out of XI. But now I am in a situation with Excel-XI-IDOC scenario. I have to read the attached excel file with File Adaper and send to XI. Then I will communicate with R/3 with the help of IDoc Adapter. Can you give me step by step procedure todo this. I have read the blog of how to create module. It dont show the XI configuration part. Also I dont know much about Java. Hence I request you to give the step by step procedure of creating module, XI configurations in IR and ID etc. I expect that once I see your reply I would be able to complete the above scenario Krishna. A sample data in the Excel sheet looks like this:

PurchaseOrderNo. Description Quantity

1000 Radio 10

1500 TV 6

12003 Car 2

Regards,

Satish