cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sizing for DEV, QAS and PRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tell me please we need different sizing for DEV, QAS and PRD? Because of different amount of working people?

Thanks,

Olga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From a hardware performance perspective:

DEV and QA will not need to be as robust as your production environment due to the fact that there will be less people on them and the requirements for their performance are not as demanding.

From a storage perspective:

If you plan to keep your QA environment in relative sync with your production environment, i.e. system copies, then you will need as much storage in QA as you have in production. DEV normally does not need the same amount of storage as production.

0 Kudos

Yes typically QA and Productions systems will be more similar if you want to have trusted testingu2019s development system will be used for your developers and consultants in the implementation project so you don't need to have the same power in dev than QA for example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

An example from my company :

On our test servers we have several R/3 systems on each server.

But the production system is deployed on 7 servers...

We have more file system space on the test servers, because our test systems are copies of the production database.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many companys refresh their QAS system from PRD to have reliable test data, so the needed space on the filesystem would be equal between these systems if you follow this. But it depends on the need of your company.

If there are fewer people working in DEV is questionable, at least there are fewer people logged on

Edited by: Ulf Brinkmeier on Feb 4, 2009 4:20 PM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you'll have fewer people working in DEV and QA so hardware requirements are significantly lower.

Regards

Juan