Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Backend Address Maintenance (TA MEAN) for delivery addresses

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

we are on SRM 5.0, WAS 700. We are running the classic scenario with backend SAP ECC 6.0 WAS 700.

For various reasons we consider using the address maintenance in the backend, transaction MEAN, instead transferring the whole delivery address from SRM to the backend. This means, we do not maintain addresses in SRM anymore but only provide an valid (MEAN backend)address no with the shopping cart.

In the first step we focus on purchase requisitions. Here we have a look on the

BAPI_REQUISITION_CREATE. It carries the table REQUISITION_ADDRDELIVERY. The table has a field ADDR_NO.

We tried to provide a valid Address number from MEAN for the BAPI and leave all other fields blank (except PREQ_NO and PREQ_ITEM). But I get a BAPI Return: "unknown address" and the shopping cart stays with error during process in SRM.

If I leave all fields blank including REQUISITION_ADDRDELIVERY-ADDR_NO a proper purchase requisition is being created, but without any address entries.

The big question: Is there any way to send a shopping cart to the backend using REQUISITION_ADDRDELIVERY-ADDR_NO ?

We'd expect the backend to look in its table ADRC to collect the address and display it in the PR.

Am I clear? I can give further information for understanding if required,

kind regards, matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Why dont you try with giving full address in structure REQUISITION_ADDRDELIVERY and then see if it works. It could be that system might not be fetching the data using address number. If it works, you can try writing some user exit code to pass detailed address data in ECC system.

Regards,

Sanjeev

matthias_kasig2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

thanx for the input. In fact, each time a Purchase Req is triggerd by SRM, a new address entry is written in the db table ADRC in the backend. This already happens in standard behaviour. So I might grab a valid address from adrc via RFC Call, fill the data in the fields of the BAPI Address structure (leaving the ADDR_NO blank) and send it off to the backend. But that'd be a workaround.

I was wonderung if there are any SAP notes or other trick available, which might enable the SRM system to use the ADDR_NO field of the BAPI address structure...

that means, I would only need tomaintain the addr_no in srm and pass it along with the the shopping cart

kind regards, matthias

Edited by: Matthias Kasig on Feb 4, 2009 3:57 PM

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If the standard behaviour is like that, then you would need to use some Badi to meet your requirement.

First create a Z FM for the Bapi Requsitione create. Here you might add some logic to identify the address number sent by SRM system. Then using Badi BBP_DRIVER_DETERMINE you can switch calling to this Z Fm which would do the job for you.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Answers (0)