cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cost plan in operative project and project simulation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

The project scenario starts with a project simulation and then when it is decided it is transfered to an operative project. In the simulation project we want to plan cost per year in WBS (in this stage only one WBS will be create) and then transfer it to the operative project (the detailed structure will be done when it transfers the operative).

There are several cost plan types, you can do your planning in WBS t/cod CJ40/CJR2, Easy cost planning and network planning (t/cod CJ20N etc)

For planning in the WBS I only have 2 alternatives CJ40/CJR2 and Easy cost planning, the alternative of CJ40/CJR2 is good for planning per year in WBS but it does not work in simulations and the alternative of Easy cost planning works in both operative and simulation but I cannot plan per year. This is a hard situationu2026

Anybody who can recommend other way to do this? Please share your experiences here.

Regards

Jose Marin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the transaction CJ40, you can do Unit costing as well (click on the calculator icon in CJ40).

You can plan you cost year wise. I have not tested it in simulation version. But it's very convenient way of doing cost plan, without much headache. Again it depends on your requirement/ scenario.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amaresh,

Thank you for your reply, CJ40 works only for operative projects not for simulations.

Regards

Jose Marin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

You can use the option of CO Version. You can use different versions for planning costs at diffreent level of WBS and you can copy the cost to new version using CJ9F.

In each version, you can copy your old project costs and add new items i.e. WBS,Activities to that version. In this way you all options of cost planning open. Also the advantage is you can compare the costs in different versions using S_ALR_87013534.

This is an alternative option for simulation.But be sure where you want to post the actuals, because the actuals always gets updated on Version 0.You need to make your settings in CO version accordingly, if you need to update actuals to different version.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sarang