cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP Connections to Ext. Server - SM59 - Application Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

first of all its my first post, I hope I can provide any infos you need to give me some advice.

Well, I've setup in SM59 a new connection-type "HTTP Connections to Ext. Server" (Type G). It is a stupid webserver in our LAN that returns a simple "hello world" (i've setup this webserver as first step to test the functionality of this connection type). No authentication or any other specialities like proxies or SSL.

Now, if i test the connection out of the central instance, everything runs fine, I receive an answer.

BUT: if i make this test from one of our application servers i get nothing at all. No output, no failure, simply nothing which means in my opinion that its not working.

What do you think about this?

Thanks in advance

Edited by: Stefan Gruber on Feb 4, 2009 1:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A possibility could be that the ICM is started only on your central instance and not on your application servers. ICM is the http server and client from the abap stack.

To check that, connect with the sapgui on an application server and launch transaction SMICM.

Hope this helps.

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Salut Olivier,

ah, I see! There has to be running a service "icm/server_port_xxx = PROT=HTTP, PORT=NNNN".

I'll set this parameter and have a tryout, but I think, thats the way!

Merci beaucoup!

Former Member
0 Kudos

>ah, I see! There has to be running a service "icm/server_port_xxx = PROT=HTTP, PORT=NNNN".

Exactly !

I usually put this parameter in the DEFAULT profile because I want all my application servers to listen to the same HTTP port.

>Merci beaucoup!

You are welcome !

Olivier

Answers (0)