cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required Info SAP-XI-SAP communication.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can any one tell me , ,possible and easiest ways to do SAP-XI-SAP communication?

Right now we are doing POC kind of thing on XI3.0 SP9 evalution version.

There is a two BAPIs which will generate Customer info in source side, so now i need to transfer those data into other SAP side, ..!

Just like we need to communicate SAP to SAP .

and my questions are:

1. Sender RFC required wrapper Bapi for execute the BAPI in sending system?

2. Right now we are facing Accesskey problem for BPM scenarios, so without BPM how do catch return responses and communication?

3. without proxies is it possible?

4. Please consider all these constraints and let me know .

5. I dint find much stuff on forums on this topic, please provide links which will suitble for my scenario.

Thank you,

Regards..Rambarki

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rambarki,

i suppose you need customer data from target system in source system. You have a BAPI in target system, which is giving you that data? Is that right?

First: you dont need XI, you can call it directly if you like...

XI scenario: You dont need BPM, proxys would be an alternative. You can call the BAPI (function module) via RFC adapter, the function module would be the INBOUND interface of synchrounous scenario.As OUTBOUND you can take for example a self written RFC; also ABAP client proxy would be possible.

1. yes

2. synchronous call

3. yes

4. ok

5. What is really urgent: /thread/117188 [original link is broken]

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo/Murthy

This is great help from you both.

I understand XI is not required in this case, but we have differrent interfaces running on diff.vendor EAI , now our client interest to move XI , thats the reason we are checking XI capability.

Yes, I have Customer data in Soruce system . Right now BAPI is calling Customer details from source and generating IDOC, so from here XI will process this IDOC into target side.

Still required WrapperBAPI?

Regards..

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wrapper BAPI is nothing but custom BAPI. For e.g if you are not able to do some particular functionality with standard BAPIs then you will write Wrapper BAPI and you will achieve the rquirment.

So it depends on the requirement...

Regards,

Moorthy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i><<1. Sender RFC required wrapper Bapi for execute the BAPI in sending system?</i>

You can communicate with other SAP systems either thru Idoc,BAPI,RFC,ABAP Proxy.

<i><<2. Right now we are facing Accesskey problem for BPM scenarios, so without BPM how do catch return responses and communication?</i>

If you are doing RFC->XI->RFC or BAPI->XI->BAPI (Sync) then it is not required to do with BPM. If you are using any legacy System then you need to use BPM and you will end up with doing Asyn/Sync bridge.

<i><<3. without proxies is it possible?</i>

If standard Idoc/RFC/BAPIs are there in place you can avoid the proxies. Compared to RFCs, Proxies are good when perfromance is concerned.

<i><<5. I dint find much stuff on forums on this topic, please provide links which will suitble for my scenario. Its a urgent.</i>

Go thru following links-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/21/xi-idoc-to-idoc-tunneling--how-fast-and-easy-can-you-get

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/03/creating-purchase-order-idoc-through-xi

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Moorthy