cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Java Engine is not starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

We did the system copy from BI production to development system after that ABAP system is up and running but J2EE engine is down.

I am not able to login into visual admin it is showing errror as

cannot open connection on host :<ip> and port 5$$04

And also i am not able to login into config tool it is showing error as

Error occured while workinng with configuration(Scanning)

Msg: Error while connecting to DB

I am not able to find the SDM,Server0, disp+work in SAP MC console in AS JAVA --> Process table

and also i checked that the jlanch and jcontroler is also not running

Could you please let me know the step by step process how to check this

Waiting for urs reply...

Thanks & Regards

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ganesh_s7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Refer to my explanation in the below link. It gives you the process & why database copy willnot work effectively for it. And why SAP is also not providing support for 'system copy' using database restore.

Rgds

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun kumar,

Pls try starting the Java Engine from SMICM and also check for specific errors in the logs jvm, dev_jcontrol etc in /work folder.

Pls paste the Errors in the thread.

Best Regards

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh thanks to reply

The is the error showing

hostname:sidadm 31> file jvm_bootstrap.out

jvm_bootstrap.out: ascii text

hostname:sidadm 32> cat jvm_bootstrap.out

-

Bootstrap MODE:

<INSTANCE GLOBALS>

determined by parameter [ID0365930].

-

Exception occurred:

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Database initialization failed! Check database properties!

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:476)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.<init>(Bootstrap.java:146)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:971)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

-

==[ Caused by: ]==----

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error while connecting to DB.

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.createConnection(DBConnectionPool.java:364)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnectionPool.<init>(DBConnectionPool.java:129)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.PersistenceHandler.<init>(PersistenceHandler.java:38)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.cache.ConfigurationCache.<init>(ConfigurationCache.java:149)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.init(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:236)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.bootstrap.ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.<init>(ConfigurationManagerBootstrapImpl.java:49)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Synchronizer.<init>(Synchronizer.java:74)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:473)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-28000: the account is locked

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:331)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:283)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:278)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoauthenticate.receiveOauth(T4CTTIoauthentica

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:362)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:165)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtensio

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:801)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory.createNativeConnection(Nativ

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.createPooledConnection(Open

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getPooledConnection(OpenSQL

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBConnection

... 14 more

[Bootstrap module]> Problem occurred while performing synchronization.

The Error showing in Jcontrol is

[Thr 1] JStartupICreateProcess: fork process (pid 8834)

[Thr 1] Tue Feb 3 06:23:43 2009

[Thr 1] *** ERROR => invalid return code of process [bootstrap] (exitcode = 66) [jstartxx_mt. 1641]

[Thr 1] JControlExecuteBootstrap: error executing bootstrap node [bootstrap] (rc = 66)

[Thr 1] JControlCloseProgram: started (exitcode = 66)

[Thr 1] JControlCloseProgram: good bye... (exitcode = 66)

Thanks & Regards,

Arun

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ORA-28000: the account is locked

Seems quite obvious to me... I think the user is SAP<SID>DB, so unlock the user and try starting the system again.

To unlock the user just go to the SQL prompt and type,

ALTER <user> ACCOUNT UNLOCK;

Regards

Juan

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing problem starting java instance even after unlocking sap schema sapsr3db.

Recentely We refreshed ABAP + java stack from Production System.

jvm_bootstrap.out file showing following errors .

Bootstrap MODE:

<INSTANCE GLOBALS>

determined by parameter [ID0365930].

-

Exception occurred:

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.NameNotFoundException: A configuration with the path "cluster_data/dispatcher/ID36593000" does not exist.

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ConfigurationDataCacheAllImpl.getSubConfiguration(ConfigurationDataCacheAllImpl.java:107)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ReadAccessConfiguration.getSubConfiguration(ReadAccessConfiguration.java:715)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Synchronizer.getConfiguration(Synchronizer.java:573)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Synchronizer.getElementType(Synchronizer.java:93)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:474)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

Exception occurred:

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Database initialization failed! Check database properties!

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:476)

-

==[ Caused by: ]==----

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: No such Dialog Instance (ID36593000) in the database! Check database consistency or local Bootstrap properties!

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Synchronizer.getElementType(Synchronizer.java:96)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:474)

Can someone help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

What method did you use to copy the Java system?

If you used backup/restore, this is not supported and very likely the cause of your errors. The only supported method to copy a Java system is to use the export/import method in the system copy guide.

Best Regards,

Matt

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

We have used Backup and restore method.ABAP stack is working fine but facing problem while starting java instance.

Please let me know any alternative solution.

Regards

Santosh Nikam

Former Member
0 Kudos

>Please let me know any alternative solution.

Get the System Copy Guide out and start over.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Now i am able to login into configtool

But, I am not able to login into visual admin it is showing errror as

cannto open connection on host :<ip> and port :5$$04

And also the Java engine is not started. in MMC console AS JAVA --> Process file is showing empty.

Could you please tell me what are the steps i need to check to get started Java engine and to login into visual admin tool

Thanks & Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

Please help me i am not able to Up the Java Engine and also in SAP MC the process file is showing empty.

I checked in the SAP MC Log i get the below errros

usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS$$/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/system/server2.log

It is showing the below errrors

Version: 1.5

Guid: 00306E036AC800BE0000001400003BAB000461BF55C7F4A0

Time: 2009 01 30 19:58:32:657

SourceName: /System/Server/Critical

Application:

Location: com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.SingleThread.run()

User: J2EE_GUEST

Session: 0

Transaction:

DSRComponent:

DSRUser:

DSRTransaction:

ThreadName: SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_12

GroupId:

GroupLevel: 0

GroupIndent: 0

Severity: Error

Relatives: com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread

MsgType: Plain

MsgCode:

ResourceBundle:

Text: Unrecoverable error thrown while processing tasks: java.lang.ThreadDeath

-

Thu Feb 05 15:17:57 IST 2009 Operation DVEBMGS03 on hostname Load - Process Table failed! JsfOpenAdmin failed: object not found

avax.xml.rpc.soap.SOAPFaultException: JsfOpenAdmin failed: object not found

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.buildFaultException(MimeHttpBinding.java:737)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.processDocumentFault(MimeHttpBinding.java:860)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.call(MimeHttpBinding.java:1439)

at com.sap.managementconsole.soap.sap.sapcontrol.SAPControlStub.j2EEGetProcessList(SAPControlStub.java:2321)

at com.sap.managementconsole.dataloader.soap.sap.SAPSOAPDataLoader.getJ2EEProcessList(SAPSOAPDataLoader.java:465)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.data.J2EEProcessList.loadChildren(J2EEProcessList.java:48)

at com.sap.managementconsole.operations.LoadOperation.execute(LoadOperation.java:30)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.DataLoader.executeAllQueuedOperations(DataLoader.java:605)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.ThreadPoolDataLoader$DataLoaderTask.execute(ThreadPoolDataLoader.java:119)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.ThreadPoolManager$ThreadPoolElement.run(ThreadPoolManager.java:263)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

-

Thu Feb 05 16:02:13 IST 2009 Operation SCS00 on hostname Update - Process List failed! Java heap space

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.call(MimeHttpBinding.java:1446)

at com.sap.managementconsole.soap.sap.sapcontrol.SAPControlStub.getProcessList(SAPControlStub.java:451)

at com.sap.managementconsole.dataloader.soap.sap.SAPSOAPDataLoader.getProcessList(SAPSOAPDataLoader.java:168)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.data.ProcessList.updateChildren(ProcessList.java:115)

at com.sap.managementconsole.operations.UpdateOperation.execute(UpdateOperation.java:35)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.DataLoader.executeAllQueuedOperations(DataLoader.java:605)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.ThreadPoolDataLoader$DataLoaderTask.execute(ThreadPoolDataLoader.java:119)

at com.sap.managementconsole.common.ThreadPoolManager$ThreadPoolElement.run(ThreadPoolManager.java:263)

-

Thu Feb 05 16:02:30 IST 2009 Operation LogFile: j2ee/cluster/server0/log/defaultTrace.trc

[elements='10000']

[statecookie='']

failed! Java heap space

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

-

Thu Feb 05 16:02:30 IST 2009 Operation LogFile: j2ee/cluster/server0/log/defaultTrace.trc

[elements='10000']

[statecookie='']

failed! Service call exception; nested exception is:

java.io.IOException: Connection sync error ! Character [*] recieved !

java.rmi.RemoteException: Service call exception; nested exception is:

java.io.IOException: Connection sync error ! Character [*] recieved !

at com.sap.managementconsole.soap.sap.sapcontrol.SAPControlStub.readLogFile(SAPControlStub.java:1375)

at com.sap.managementconsole.dataloader.soap.sap.SAPSOAPDataLoader.readSAPLogFile(SAPSOAPDataLoader.java:1091)

at com.sap.managementconsole.operations.ShowLogFileOperation.execute(ShowLogFileOperation.java:31)

at com.sap.managementconsole.operations.AuthorizedOperation.execute(AuthorizedOperation.java:45)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Connection sync error ! Character [*] recieved !

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.isAlive(HTTPSocket.java:544)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.HTTPTransport.createHTTPSocket(HTTPTransport.java:113)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.HTTPTransport.getRequestStream(HTTPTransport.java:319)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.outputMessage(MimeHttpBinding.java:550)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.call(MimeHttpBinding.java:1432)

at com.sap.managementconsole.soap.sap.sapcontrol.SAPControlStub.readLogFile(SAPControlStub.java:1368)

... 7 more

-

Thu Feb 05 16:03:05 IST 2009 Operation Composite failed! Java heap space

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

-

Please Please help me in this i am not able to up the Jave engine server

Thanks & Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

As I said earlier, it is not possible to recover the system in the state it is in due to the method of copy that you used. Even if you could, the system would not be supported by SAP, anyway. You must start over and use the method in the System Copy Guide.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I've been able to get Java back without following SAP system copy procedure. It was not easy but now that I know what's needed it's a procedure to take in account and I'll share it with you.

After a database refresh, the Java schema in the database contains specific configurations from the productive system: cluster data (dispatcher, server, instance). This caused the following error in our development system when starting java stack:

[Apr 16, 2009 4:56:56 PM ] determined by parameter [ID0093287].

[Apr 16, 2009 4:56:56 PM ] -

[Apr 16, 2009 4:56:59 PM ] Exception occurred:

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.NameNotFoundException: A configuration with the

path "cluster_data/dispatcher/ID9328700" does not exist.

SAP system was looking to start the server instance with an ID (development system ID) that could not be found in the database. When opening my config tool i could notice that the instance found in the DB had the ID 3825800 (from productive system).

In order to fix this, I did the following:

- In configtool, got into treeview, and exported the whole cluster_data node; (This information is directly retrieved from the database)

- The exported node is in format .zip. Extracted the archive, which has a bunch of .xml files in tree structure. Each .xml represents cluster_data content (properties files, jar files, subtrees...).

- So next procedure is to replace all "38258" for "93287", all "<PRD_SID>" for "<DEV_SID>" and also all "<PRD SYSTEM HOST> for "<DEV SYSTEM HOST>"; (just a tip, to do this replacement I used eclipse, that allows me to easilly replace a token in several files included in a directory. You may do a script for this...)

- After all replacements, recreate the zip archive with all the files.

- Delete cluster_data node (in configtool). Create an empty cluster_data node and import the zip archive directly into the configuration node. After this you should have recovered your cluster_data node contents, now with the correct ID.

- Restart java server and if you're lucky you'll have your java stack back again.

I still had to do some more changes. My message server port was different in my productive system. So, also needed to change that in all nodes under cluster_data that mentioned message server port.

Hope this helps anyone...

Best regards,

Daniel Garrido

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Please be aware that the method you have posted is NOT SUPPORTED by SAP. It is also not likely that you have found all the places to make the necessary changes. You are free to try this method on your own, but SAP Support will not be able to assist in the case of any errors.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have exported as mentioned ( Config tool> selected the cluster_data node>File-->Export data from DB) but after unzipping ,we are not getting any .xml files. All files are in awk programming format and we are not able to edit it.Output of the files are as follows.

PKCDTHHÁ|ç:Lcontents.xmlí][SÛ8T~çWdöaGÛ P(%i

¡l:D2IºÓ>1#XÛòÚ

Mûß¾²ss|ÃW]Ò}hK²-ÉÒñ¹|çÓéÅç¹iT ã"l5«uE«V ¥ã ²¦Íê÷Ñ×óêçÖÁÁÅ_ K ó0AD¨)]]¨þíÞs«wl}8Ò.Ôõ/Þ B&lVåR`éP±]lC è*ÝN½qzt\u00ADWR¯Vt ?ASO¼ß´jvwa^CòÔÒ

åìN¡E\u00FA¤×´Ûøºñb1qCìUï'òM¼>^]b=

çáhн»©.{ñFL¶Þý3Ãäm¢>Ó^GêÊñ²

NÄ¿¾SMN<wÀ´?mgpe×MN¡{7º¾¹^^

ç U_,îÅûÀ¡7Ð=p¹»]lå6dYÞÍS%Ö¶VØÙ[0³ô§è{¦Í¡ÄÐí¸Uî^Ad

ù[ep]KWLZSdAE?>ZÞ¿÷Ë?GX[CBRVô¶;S][QX-¦)]8M§`ldRDF)£ÆêAmˬ[f®£ÒÍW»wuµó÷õeïf¨iêsCBu¥,íûÃvD(í

`|Å-4Ø-FUO'åV±$yÍaçYÇÊ3pÌf½ìmìçUkf¡exi[A³¦&²&Hhe&ÒÞLÄt'ì,³¸»éuï:Ý/åFN³kô}È÷Àü/Hì!úÌÕ iTfÚîzÓÀ/¢<A01 }iâÌ ½àÎ,EaeæÂ-VâÒfX?ÕØUÑUHPâõ,?iH`Úë*ê¦KÕðK:¦ãåµ;øË¿T?­÷Ö=DÚþì ×õܦKÈÍUåð^E:cìÂó©¾¼¥ï è@Báî´

`ÑEöPQ·ùHLWú½Mñ#YÀÇÛÁ÷¾/½!}¯ÞåêÅ3çE½`gàá/Íß6BÎ^TÝ_µÀÖ®W¶kQÉÔ¡M°ãm`×BDA.ãoVH{Ô¡«PWy¦?¨ÊíêÛh^XèåÇ$ÔÉ

Xp³öª·Ð)csk±Z?·ÆaçãúAµ'^M|<Üí@#Ú»_?Ω°õ¡czÂÖl|èù

Wëá _;XKQSÂî^X7g¥,ê´SAñIÑGí·×O¦

Can you please suggest?

Regards,

Moulinath Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moulinath,

Any luck for you - are you able to open files in xml ?

Thanks and Regards,

Nick