cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add JAVA STACK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to install Java stack on already running Ecc 6.0 (windows _SQL).Server is installed 6 months back.Do i have to take any precautions ? I mean complete offline backup is ok.

As fas as i know performance of the server will be one of the issue after adding java stack.

any other thing which i have to consider before this ? and Do i have to just run sapinst and then Add java+abap part only ????

Thanks in advance

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would avoid dual stack installations.

You can install on the same box but I would install a separate system (different SID):

If you install a Java Addin you generate dependencies. Means: you need to keep the Java and ABAP on the same stack. If you update one, you need to update the other.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the reply ...i have to update both stacks that is ok.

my question is Can i add java stack now(after 6 months of abap stack)?

Do i have to take any precautions before this?

Will it affect/harm any other things like files etc?

The procedure is simple ? i mean to say ...i just have to run spainst and select Add java + abap option?

anything else???

Thanks in advance.

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I repeat again: I would not install a Java Addin but install a separate Java-only instance on the same box if you don´t have another.

If you want to do it though you have to select JavaAddin and immediately after the installation is finished update your Java to the same stack your ERP is running.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

I am also installing a separate Java instance on the same box ...Please suggest now what all is required? Shall i follow the standard installation procedure?Will it effect any other thing in already server ?

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you install a separate instance "just" select the correct usage types and deselect ABAP. Apart from that you can follow the installation guide, yes. Make sure you use a different instance number than your ABAP system.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus for you reply....

Is was already in my mind that instance no. would be different but i guess SAPINST by default will take the diferent instance no.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you have sufficient memory available.

SK