cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HW migration from PA-RISC to Itanuim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have bought two new servers Itanuim HP-UX 11.31, new server for production and server for quality assurance and development systems. I should migrate the SAP systems (ECC 6.0 on Oracle 10.2.0.4) from HP-UX 11.11 PA-Risk into the new Itanium servers.

I've read all Notes concerning the HP-UX Itanuim 11.31 and also about the Oracle migration from pa-risc to itanuim and noticed that it's only needed Oracle SW installation on the Itanium server and new kernel copy for itanium.

Can You pls follow my steps and point if some mistakes are made?

1. Install OS patches needed for Oracle installation on Itanium (target) server

2. Change kernel parameters on target

3. Create all File systems needed for DB and SAP

4. Configure users, files and run Oracle installation for Itanium

5. Copy Datafiles from offline backup from DB

6. Copy all application File systems /usr/sap/SID and /sapmnt/SID togather with all needed links

7. Download and change kernel files in /sapmnt/SID/exe

8. Change all host related files like listener.ora, tnsnames.ora, environment variables in /home/sidadm and /oracle/SID

9. Start SAP

10. change new SAP license on new server

Thank you in advance.

Ruzica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks good!

Although you could be quicker by just doing a system copy with the offline backup instead of creating files, directories, users etc. manually.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tnx Markus,

You think I didn't forgot anything ?

I usualy do system copies with this procedure and that's why it is quicker for me, but I was wondering about this migration from pa-risc to itanium if it's enought to install oracle binaries and just change SAP kerner for Itanium.

BR,

Ruzica

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.

Install the Oracle binaries (same version and patchlevels) as on the source system and do you manualy kernel/profile adaptions.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tnx once more,

Ruzica

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you´re welcome.

Markus