cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to call asynchronous Web Service using Adaptive WS model?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was trying to call asynchronous web service and after execution exception has arised

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model.webservice.model.WSGenericModelClassExecutable.fillOutputParametersToMc(WSGenericModelClassExecutable.java:281)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model.webservice.model.WSGenericModelClassExecutable.execute(WSGenericModelClassExecutable.java:93)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model.webservice.gci.WSTypedModelClassExecutable.execute(WSTypedModelClassExecutable.java:46)

at at.gov.bmf.demo.comp.employee.EmployeeDemo.ok(EmployeeDemo.java:242)

at at.gov.bmf.demo.comp.employee.wdp.InternalEmployeeDemo.ok(InternalEmployeeDemo.java:285)

I have NWDS 7.0.

How can I set model, to avoid binding web service response to model?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Web Services can be used not only for integration among applications, data, and services, but they can also support an asynchronous communication model.

for more check this

http://soa.sys-con.com/node/183956

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

but rather I would like to know how to consume asynchronous Web Service in Web DynPro.

Dusan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just ran into this issue, same exact problem.

The quick and dirty workaround I did, after trying out several other things to make sure I didn't do anything wrong to cause this problem, was to just catch the nullpointer, and then go along my merry way.

try{

query.execute();

}

catch(NullPointerException e){

//we get a worthless error here from Webdynpro, so we just ignore it. Not pretty. But unavoidable

}

If someone else has any other solution, I would love to hear them.

This is on NW7.0 SP15

/Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is solved NWDS CE.