cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error showing disp+work.exe while starting management console

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I tried to install ABAP 7.01 trial version to practice webdynpro.. I did almost like

installing msloopback adapter

installed maxdb

installed AS

installed SAPGUI

When I try to start management console it is giving disp+work.exe error .

With reference to previous threads I tried changing the myname property in stderr2.

My computer name was given as d5 but in the following error it is telling as d5-88bb1f5849dc_NSP_00 .

I changed my computer name as d5 in controlpanel->system->computername.

In management console below NSP server a blue box showing my computername with this extension 88bb1f5849dc... I think because of this the max char exceeds 20. Any idea to fix this....

*************************log file

• DP_FATAL_ERROR => main: rdisp/myname=d5-88bb1f5849dc_NSP_00 exceeds 20 characters

• DISPATCHER EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN ***

• DISPATCHER EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN => main: rdisp/myname=d5-88bb1f5849dc_NSP_00 exceeds 20 characters

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I think you can resolve your issue by installing the correct J2RE version and build. Please download J2RE .4.2 build 16 and re-do your installation, I bet this resolves your issue.

I believe SAP should add the usage of J2RE .4.2 build 16 as a prerequisite for the NetWeaver 7,01 ABAP Trial installation. It is my believe that many unsuccessfull installations mentioned in this forum are caused by an incorrect runtime environment.

Kind regards,

Tiest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to change the host name in Default, Start and Instance profiles.

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes I have changed the host name in hosts file it is in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc in that location.

Do I need to change anywhere else ......?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to change in the profile parameters /usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile-- Change the host name in the Default, Start and Instance profiles.

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai I tried changing the host name in profile but now msg_server.exe is also getting stopped.

Any other way to fix this....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you post the log files. And also you need to change the parameter in the configtool under the secure store.

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure,.....

D:\SAP\NSP\SYS\exe\run\disp+work.EXE=>sapparam(2): fopenU("D:\SAP\NSP\SYS\profile\NSP_DVEBMGS00_d5-88bb1f5849dc","r"): No such file or directory

D:\SAP\NSP\SYS\exe\run\disp+work.EXE=>No Profile used.

D:\SAP\NSP\SYS\exe\run\disp+work.EXE=>sapparam: SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profile nor in Commandline

Wed Feb 04 15:36:08 2009

• ERROR => D:\SAP\NSP\SYS\exe\run\disp+work.EXE stopped: DpCheckProfile [dpxxdisp.c 1005]

this is what the error log....Can u pls just tell me how to change the parameter in the configtool under the secure store

Edited by: rupachandran gangadharan on Feb 4, 2009 5:13 PM

Edited by: rupachandran gangadharan on Feb 4, 2009 5:13 PM

Edited by: rupachandran gangadharan on Feb 4, 2009 5:14 PM

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
D:\SAP\NSP\SYS\exe\run\disp+work.EXE=>sapparam(2): fopenU("D:\SAP\NSP\SYS\profile\NSP_DVEBMGS00_d5-88bb1f5849dc","r"): No such file or directory

Change the profile name NSP_DVEBMGS00_d5-88bb1f5849dc NSP_DVEBMGS00_hostname

and start your server again with this profile

Regards,

Subhash