cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIC for Material with serial number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on scenario of cylinder manufacturing inductry. I have activated serial numbers for materials. Serial number profile contains serial numbers for goods movement, inspection lot and delivery.

Now my requirement is such that the characteritics values are different for each material that is serial number. such as tare weight of the cylinder. Now i want to put weight of cylinder in MIC for each and every serial number so at the end i can extract the inspection report for each and every cylinder.

As far as goods movement is concern serial number profile is working fine but i dont how to configure the same in QM and PM.

Please guide me for this type of scenario.

Regards,

Anand.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As the serial number profile is working fine with the goods movenets, you can extend the serial number functionality to QM by doing the given activities.

The below steps have been given assuming you are familier with the QM fuctionalities.

1. In the material master QM view> Inspection setup> Activate the indicator "Serial Numbers Possible"

2. In the control indicators of the inspection characteristic, select "individual recording"

3. The sampling procedure should have the sample size more than one..

3. During results recording you will be able to record the results against each serial number in the view-->Units to be inspected.

4. During usage decision you will be able to post the stocks against serial numbers

With Best Regards

Vithal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will test the same and will revert back soon.

Regards,

Anand.

Answers (0)