cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about dynamic drop list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all.

I try to use a bapi to create a dynamic drop list.

I need to flip an outport to become my input, but I have no way to do that.

When I created the dynamic drop list, I couldn`t find anyway to flip the port.

Is there anyway to do that?

Thx a lot.

Best Regards.

Louis Huang.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

To flip an output port to input, try the below steps.

1) Select the output port and right click on it.

2) Select the option 'Flip port'.

3) Now the output port will be move to the left hand side and will act as a input port.

Hope it helps...

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Basheer.

If I drag a bapi from the pennel, I can do in your way.

But my situation is creating a dynamic down list, I have no idea how to right click the output port to flip it.

Thx for your help ^^.

Best Regards.

Louis Huang.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Louis,

You cannot do it with Dynamic drop down list but you can do this by dragging the bapi into story board and make the port changes then pass the corresponding output field to the required Drop down list( in another form). Here no need for dynamic entry list but the drop down will show the list which you want. Try this.

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Basheer.

How to pass the output field to the drop down list?

Thx.

Best regards.

Louis Huang.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

Kindly explain your exact problem. You want to create one dynamic drop down list using bapi. you want to change one output port of bapi as a in input. Am i right?

It is not possible to change Bapi's ports when it is used for Dynamic entry list. So what I'm suggested is drag the bapi into visual composer and change the output port as input port using 'Flip port' option. Now give the inputs to the bapi using input form (you can make it as 'not visible' and also can provide the inputs as a 'default value'). Now drag the output/result from the bapi to the form where you placed the drop down list.Change the particular UI element as drop down list. Now the Drop down list will show the list which one you want.

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

I checked all the possibilities for your requirement. But no way to fulfill your request. My suggestion is you can create an custom BAPI which contains your expected input fields and required output fields then use the Bapi into the Dynamic Drop down list.

One more solution is available. You can use ' Value Help' option to the Input field. Here one pop up will open and show the list. You can change the design(change output port as input) as you like. Try this.

Regards

Basheer

Edited by: Basheer on Feb 4, 2009 3:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Basheer.

My case is creating a table to insert some records.

There are 3 columns(material, plant, delivery date) in my table.

When users insert records, I wanna provide drop down list for them.

So I have to use BAPI_Material_Getlist to make up a drop down list.

Now I am still trying.....

Thx for your help.

Best Regards.

Louis Huang.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

The problem is 'Bapi_material_getlist' doesn't contain any material list and it is empty.So only it doesn't return any value in the drop down list.

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Basheer.

'Bapi_material_getlist' contains a lot of records.

You have to flip 'matnrselection' from output port to input port.

Then assign some values to following parameters of matnrselection.

sign=I, option=cp, matnr low=*,

Don`t assign any value to maxrow, then u can get a lot of records from 'matnrlist' port.

Best Regards.

Louis Huang.