Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign a workbook or query to a role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Let me know how to assign a workbook or query to a role in BI system and let me know how can we restrict access of that workbook.

Regards,

Digambar

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the process:

1. Go to PFCG

2. Enter the Role that needs to be modified

(If you want to create the role, you can use the same.)

3. Click <Change> button for modification

4. Click the <Menu> Button to get to the existing list of Workbooks

5. Expand and click on the Folder to which the Workbook needs to be added.

6. Click <Report> button in the menu to add the Workbook

7. Click the radio button <BW Report>

8. Enter the system generated 25 character Workbook ID in the <Report ID> field

and press Enter.

NOTE - New Workbook always comes with the default Description u201CBusiness Warehouse reportu201D, to change the description of the Workbook,

Right-click on the new workbook and click on the <Change Node> option, enter the new Description that is required for the workbook (report) and press enter

9. Save the Role for the New Workbook.

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, you mean assign UID is it? I have added UID of one report in a role(say xyz) with RRMX ,RSA1 and S_USER_AGR with the same role( xyz) with value of S_USER_AGR ACTVT 01,02,03,22 and Role name with XYZ . This xyz role I have assigned to dps user. When I am checking with dps user he is not able to execute that particular report.In bex analyser we are getting message No object found.

How can we provide access of this report to user.

Regards,

Digambar

0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to provide access of the Infocube or ODS role on which the report is to be executed.

Or

Modify the existing role that acommdates the authorization object - S_RS_COMP in which you will be providing Infocube name or ODS name to execute the report. Without this user will not able to execute reports.

Regards,

Geetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

In BI 7 you have to create

1- An empty role ( called a WorkBook role ) via PFCG. It will be empty with no T-Codes with only Authorization object S_USER_TCD with value RRMX. When a workbook is saved in it, it will appear in the Menu tab of the role.

2- Another role that contains all the necessaru BI auth objects like S_RS_AUTH along with other will be given to the authorized users to execute the workbooks and run analysis. You will assisgn this WorkBook role to users though the auth object = S_USER_AGR with at least Activity values 01, 02 and 22 (06 if the euser are allowed to delete any workbooks) and in Role Name = name of the Workbook role (step1).