cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End-to-End Montoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im trying to understand End-to-End Monitoring better. I've clicked on the Configuration tab in RWB to display the components. The question is are the displayed components supposed to be only those SAP Business System, or should Third Party Business System be included as well?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Hope this helps you,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/82/9e8dfe9eadbd4b9194c433e646b84e/frameset.htm

The name means End to End monitoring. You have to enter the sender and receiver.

Regards,

Kshitij

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

third party systems are not displayed at all, the End to End monitor is just able to see the status of messages coming or leaving any SAP system and messages managed by the adapter Engine.

This mean that you will be able to see that an idoc was generated, that a proxy was received and that a file was written.

But you will not be able to see the processing result of the file in the backend system.

Kind Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies.

I've read the help from sap. Im still a little confuse between Process View and Instance View. I've managed to get my end-to-end monitoring working and im looking at a proxy-to-R3 diagram in the end-to-end monitoring. I tried clicking on the Instance View radio button but it seems that i am unable to select it.

Issit because in order for me to have a Instance View, i will need multiple receivers for so that message split will occur?

In addition, I would like to ask what is the difference between a medium and high level of monitoring

Under the "statistical data" in the end-to-end monitoring, what does the icon with the white flag ( Open ) means?

Thanks.

Edited by: Jason on Feb 4, 2009 3:20 PM

Edited by: Jason on Feb 4, 2009 4:50 PM

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member556412
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

"You can select and configure SAP components only." in END TO END Monitoring

Its a kind of pre-requisite.

and not the 'Third Party Business Syatems' .

For more clarification you can read :-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/98/1ccbed8a233e4ca57d2b938e67c188/content.htm