cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Activating WARNING message for Budget Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have activated Availability control with '1' as activation type. Set for Overall Budget in Budget profile. Tolerance limit set to 90 for all activity groups for triggering WARNING message.

1st i confirmed the activities for 100 % for WBS-100 [100 % actual cost of WBS-100].

When i saved it, no warning message was triggered.

Then again i confirmed for 95 % for WBS-200. Saved it, still no WARNING message triggered. Note that am using only these two WBS elements. And for Original budget i copied 100 % values of planned cost.

Please advise what could be the error.

Thanks & Regards,

Kabir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is nothing as planned budget and actual budget, there is planned cost, actual cost, original budget, current budget, assigned value, available value, transfer, supplement and return. So, kindly check what is the current budget and what is assigned value and available value. If it the amount appearing there is more than the tolerance limit mentioned in the customization then it will show an error. Secondly, at times system gives information or error on the basis of initial value or customization because of the data not updated in the table with respect the the present values. So in that case you need to use CJBN or even deactivate the budgeting status and reactivate it. But before going ahead with last words you need to complete the analysis if the values appearing in all stanadard repeort and table update is matching and further is not matching to the system output for forecoming operation with respect to budget availability control.

Best Regards

Vicky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

@Sudhir...Ya i tried CJEN also. There i clicked on Immediate time then saved it. No further action i tried in there. Still am getting Warning message triggered after 100 % budget is exceeded.

@ Vicky...By planned budget, i meant the original budget or the 1st column in S_ALR_87013558 report.

What i have seen now is for all projects, the Budget-Total column is showing zero values in that report.

Please advise.

Regards,

Kabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trsaction code for reconstruction of database CJBN. Check with 90% actual cost posting.

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh & Sudhir,

Thank you for the replies. I tried the above transactions.

But am facing the following problems;

1. The Warning message is triggered when am saving the project only when the budget exceeds 100 % of the budgeted value. I checked this by adding new activity in the project but didn't confirm it. I have maintained 90 for tolerance limit in my configuration. But for 90 % or more its not showing any warning.

2. In report S_ALR_87013558 for budget, The Planned budget column is showing only Zero Values. But actual budget values are seen. Is this because of warning message that i get during budgeting in CJ30, where i copied 100 % of planned cost for budget?

Please advise.

Regards,

Kabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you tried CJEN? for project information database.

Sudhir

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please check whether availability control is activated or not

if not reconstruct avalability control :- CJBV

befor that just run CJEN :- re constructing project infodata base.....

i hope it will work....

Venkatesh