cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block settlement to auc for downpayment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Friends,

There is a specific requirement in one of our project.

In an investment project, advance payment is issued against a service PO with ref to WBS. The requirement is to block the settlement to AUC for this advance payment only until service entry acceptance is made. Other commitment in the WBS should go as usual without problem with regular path of setlement to AUC and from AUC to Fixed asset.

Regards

Srinivasan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member835775
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

To block update of Down Payment on WBSe implement correction instructions mentioned in Note No. 388843 with the help of ABAPer and Basis.

To block settlement of Down Payment from WBSe to AuC implement correction instructions mentioned in Note No. 434622 with the help of ABAPer and Basis.

Gaurav_kumar1
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit G,

As you have mentioned, and as per note 434622, we are trying to implement the correction with help of our ABAPer but system is not allowing to make changes.

Will you please help us by elaborating the process further? Was your issue resolved by implementing such correction in the system? Please revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved using a settlment condition together with the status management for the WBS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

I am facing the same problem where the down payment is also getting settled to AUC.

Can you please suggest me the solution.

Thanks & Regards

Murali

former_member591922
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Facing the same issue as Murali is facing.

Could you please elaborate ,what actually you have done...

Regards

Karan

former_member835775
Participant
0 Kudos

Please elaborate as we are also facing the same issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan Madaswamy,

We are facing the same issue here, can you please elaborate what you exactly did by saying "Resolved using a settlment condition together with the status management for the WBS."?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Please check if this could be of any help to you.

Specify Capitalization of AUC/Down-Payment

In this step, you determine how the system will deal with down payments on AuCs and their closing invoice during the settlement (capitalization) of the AuC. This system setting is particularly relevant for respresenting down payments from previous years in the asset history sheet.

Standard Settings

The system capitalizes down payments as follows in the standard system:

If you capitalize a down payment from the previous year and the closing invoice from the current year together, the amount of the down payment is transferred with the transaction type for asset data from previous years, and only the difference between the closing invoice and the down payment is transferred with the transaction type for current acquisitions.

Activities

If you want to change the default setting, you must set the indicator for the capitalization of assets under construction without down payments. If this indicator is set, the system ignores down payments during the line item settlement of assets under construction. The total amount of the closing invoice is always transferred with the transaction type according to its posting year.

SPRO - Asset Accounting - Transactions - Capitalization of Assets under Construction - Specify Capitalization of AUC/Down-Payment

Indicator transfer down payments from previous years

When you set this indicator, the system ignores downpayments during the line item settlement of assets under construction. The total amount of the closing invoice is then always transferred to the capitalized asset using the transaction type based on the year of the closing invoice.

Use

This has the following result:

There is an opposite effect when the indicator is not set, and you capitalize a downpayment from a previous year along with the closing invoice from the current year. In this case, the system transfers the amount of the downpayment from the previous year using a transaction type for old assets data. It transfers the difference between the total amount of the closing invoice and the downpayment using a transaction type for new acquisitions.

Regards

Vinayak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

To vinayak

Some of the inputs are very valid and useful, however it speaks about the setttlement from

AUC to FXA, but iam worried only about WBS to AUC.

To Venkatesh,

I tested the scenario well, if you issue a downpayment to any vendor with ref to WBS, it will be booked in WBS, this may not be visible in normal WBS report ( except s_alr_87013536 ) , but when you settle we can see the value in the AUC.

To all..

ITs a legal requirement in Russia - Downpayment should appear in PS report and should be blocked for settlement or should not appear in AUC report which will be audited by government.

Thanks

Srinivasan

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to settle partially to gl account for the advance payment and then settle the remaining costs to AuC

there is standard functionality to do this

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi virendra...

i think that advace payment will not be the par of actual cost ... for WBSE...

unless you confirm through service entry sheeet.......

if i am wrong please correct me...

Venkatesh

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

correct ideally I would not refer the WBS element in the advance posting in FI - that is the standard scenario as well - downpayment

however from the requirement I believe that the cost of advance needs to be reflected in the project cost but not settled to asset

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan....

i will explain ur scenario with solution...

Ex. one service po XYZ with account assignment WBSE (100 - PO value) .... for vendor ABC......

when you are paying advance to the vendor ABC say Rs. 10..

then that 10 Rs will be paid to your Vendor ABC for Service PO XYZ........ (FI) (no link to WBSE)

& this 10 rs will go & sit in your vendor account.....( FI).

in PS unless & untill you do service confirmation through service entry sheet that Rs 100 will be commitment only...

once you confirm ... then it will come as actual cost to WBSE....

at the time of invoice verification FI person will adjust the amount forthat Vendor ABC and PO XYZ

he will pay only 90 Rs....

Thisis how it works...

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkatesh,

Thanks for the information.

However could you pl tell me when i do settlement of that WBS thru CJ88 to AUC, whether or not this advance payment will get settled in AUC ?

If " yes " , then i dont need that value to get settled to AUC, i wanna block the settlement for this advance alone.

If "No" then i got my solution.

Regards

Srinivasan

venkatesh_kulkarni1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

you need to do settlement periodically...

whatever actual cost comes to wbse that will get settle to AUC through CJ88....

like I said....

unless & untill you confirm the service through service sheet actual cost will not come to WBSE...

advance payment will not be against WBSE..... that will be at vendor account .....against that PO...

that means that advance payment will not get captured against WBSE.... so no actual cost & no settlement to AUC....

i.e. "NO"

you got your soln.

Venkatesh