cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page allocation failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a program which is fetching a huge data for getting BOM information. And to use these records it tryies to append this huge data to an internal table.

The dump is at this very point of appending.

I can't avoide this append sstatement as at the end i want to pass this internal table to ws_download.

But sap system is giving following error

"No storage space available for extending the internal table.

You attempted to extend an internal table, but the required space was not available "

There are no any unneccessary internal tables whic can be freed.

There is huge 60,00,000 lines of data. The programa runes well from without dump for other varient.

But user dosn't want to change the varient. Basis people are not ready to increase the memory.

The programe is already making use of all optimisation techniques like "for all entries " and all

Thanking u in advance !!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Instead of appending all the lines at one go, divide it into a number of steps.

Ex: 15,00,000 each at one time. And while using the FM ws_download you can choose the parameter 'mode' as append instead of overwrite. So that everytime you add 15,00,000 records, it will keep on appending it to the file.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello It was indeed helpful.

But let me correct myself i want to download data to application server.

So instaed of ws_download i am using open dataset

So now my question is it possible to open the file in append mode while open dataset?

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

You can use the following statement

OPEN DATASET dsn FOR APPENDING.

The addition FOR APPENDING opens the file for appending. If the file specified already exists, it is opened and the file pointer is set at the end of the file. If the file specified does not exist, it is created. Attempted read access to a file opened with FOR APPENDING with the statement READ DATASET fails, and returns the value 4 for sy-subrc.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Answers (0)