cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seperate storage server

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am new to DMS configuation, and now I have a task to enable DMS service. My situration is the SAP server space seems not very well, can i set files stoarge in another storage location. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Its depend uopn usage and document generation capacity. You can go for content server - for effective use of DMS and if data generation is large in volume or can use SAP database - if there is uage of DMS at normal level and data generation is less in capacity.

Please let me as i m unable to understand your query completely.

Regards,

Pramod

Please award pts if its useful / need further information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That mean I can setup a server, which only store document. And then point to that server in config. That will no affect the current database capacity. Am I right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For storage of documents thru DMS, you can use either SAP Database, Vault, thru this the load on the database increases..

in order to prevent this problem you can go for setting up of external server-Content Server and the size will be based on the volume of data/document to be sent to this server.

Content Server configuration can be then done thru OAC0 and OACT..

content server and database are entirely independent, there wont be any problem if you set content server..

hope this helps U..!!

Thank You,

Manoj

pls consider points if useful..!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've defined the content server in OAC0;

Content Rep. Z1

Document Area: Document management system

Storage type: HTTP content server

version no. 0046

HTTP server: sapdms

port number: 1090

HTTP Script: ContentServer/ContentServer.dll

Transfer drctry: C:\temp\

Is it correct? what next if correct. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you have content server installed on seperate system..

now you can create storage category under Z1 repository in OACT and using CSADMIN you can send certificate to confirm the connection.

Thank You,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

How can I check whether the content server is installed or not. And while I use csadmin, I got error

Error in HTTP Access: IF_HTTP_CLIENT->RECEIVE 1

ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED

Thanks for you help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to take help from basis person for these errors..

Thank You,

Manoj

for any useful answers dont FORGET to give points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible not using content server, just store file on window file system. I mean dedicate a file server, all documents store in it. Of course, file server will link with SAP system. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i already said,

For storage of documents thru DMS, you can use either SAP Database, Vault, thru this the load on the database increases..

Thank You,

Manoj

former_member1282879
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi manoj,

sorry if iam interfearing

1) Some client are not kneen on going for a new Content server, as if the Documents are stored in Content server, iam not sure the content server will allow access of the stored document with out Logging in to SAP, can you please clarify if i'm wrong.

2) if at all the common server is used for storing original files it has to be defined as Vault, if iam right, so as told by you how will it increase the load on SAP DataBase?

3) in this case, if document are stored in Vault with out SAP CV01N checkin, (like normal window copy in system) can these original files be Accessed or viewed in SAP.

ie... there are some files in the Vault server kept there physically for many years can this documents be Accessed and viewed in SAP transactions, or they have to be checked in through SAP to view them in SAP.

please Clarify

Regards

Sathish