Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filling table in service dataset using generic service

aakash_neelaperumal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario.

Based on user selection of Position in Adobe form dropdown list, I need to get all the related WageTypes and show in a tabular display.

What I have done.

I have created subforms and place an text edit field in the subform and given the flow of subform as table row and the other subform containing this as table.

I have linked this text edit field to back end service field, but I dont know how to fill this.

Now in the backend service I need to query the wage types and fill it,.. I am not sure whether I can fill a table in the service dataset... I have seen a sample code and it is as shown below.

• stor

loop at service_datasets assigning <service_dataset_wa>

where fieldname = c_fieldname_wage_type.

exit.

endloop.

if sy-subrc = 0. "entry found; must not necessarily exist

<service_dataset_wa>-fieldvalue = wage_type.

endif.

My question... how to I append many rows for same field name in the service data set.. because the service dataset has only one row with that field name.

Please let me know how to go about it... Any help is ap

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

HCM Form and Process using ISR Framework methodology and ISR frame work does not support Table binding directly as generally we do in direct webdynpro java/abap.

ISR frame work will give back to form maximum two columns data ( example Dropdown).

If u wanna develop Table and fill the data in adobe form , this should be possible only through total dynamic programing( adobe java script).

Regards

Malli

aakash_neelaperumal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is there no way of doing this, Java script is a problem ..I have to update the entries in BAsic Pay infotype from the edited table entries...

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

By using java script only we can do as of now, because still ISR frame work is not supported table element binding directly.

If you find any alternative solution, up date here so that it will help others also.

Regards

Malli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u explain in detail how to populate the table in adobe form using java script.

Here i have one requirements regarding this.

I want to populate table values from function module using java script.

by

Parthasarathi

aakash_neelaperumal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

pass all the values as a string to the form and then split the string at the separator to push the values in a javascript array and then use instancemanager to populate the values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aakash,

Thanks for your response.

I have tried that,but i cant get the output.

Could u give the sample code for populate the table using script without using service dataset in ISR framework.

by

Parthasarathi

aakash_neelaperumal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Not sure if it works but u can try on these lines

var ObjTable = eval('document.forms[strFormName].elements[strParent]');

var arrTempArea = new Array();

var intLenArea = arrTempArea.length;

arrTempArea = YourString.split('^');

for (var i = 0; i < intLenArea; i++)

{