cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI and Posting Period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

I did search through the forum but i couldnt find the solution that i needed.

Actually my problem goes this way..

1) I created the Sales order 25.12.2008 . The request Delivery date is 05.01.2009

2) I created the Outbound Delivery 04.02.2009

3) I created the Invoice 04.02.2009

When i try to do PGI on the Outbound Delivery . system give me error stated that Posting only

possible in periods 2008/08 (NOV) and 2008/07 (OCT).

Is there any possible way to change the date on the outbound delivery so that i can do PGI? instead of channing the open period screen(MMPV)or(OB52)

Thanks

Wilson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Wilson

If you maintain the Actual GI Date in line with your Posting period that is any date in December, then you can do PGI, provided stock is available on that date. This is the only possibility without changing the period.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Wilson

The best way to go about this in MMPV close from aug 08 to janauary 09

But if you change the actual GI date in the delivery to the period which is open you can post in the period which is open without touching MMPV (as our Elite friend Mr.Lakshmipathi has suggested)

Doing this is not advisable as you have to change every thing strating from sales order posting date in the header and picking date in delivery, loading date in delivery,Planned GI and actual GI

Otherwise you may have a lot warning messages or some error messages also. But can be tried

Best and honest way of doing this is MMPV closing momthwise

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Feb 4, 2009 9:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to chnge open priod thrhough MMPV, you have to close previous period one by one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my opinion It is not possible to post unless you close the previous months for posting in MMPV month by month.

Regards,