cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block UD saving, If stock posting is not done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My requirement is to block UD when a stock posting activity not completed. In standard setting, the system allows to save UD without stock posting completion.

Is there any customization is possible to do this activity?

So that, the system should not allow UD saving without stock posting completion.

VRMP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear VRMP

I think this can be done with status profile. an example given below. please try using the same.

Link: [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20fbc091-ea3a-2b10-f0a3-877ffbf36436]

one more suggestion , in selected sets for ud (03) you can make a setting against each codes such a way that all the quantity get posted when UD is saved.

This can be done in QS51 > selected the code group> go to codes> maintain a proposal against each code> tick the stock screen background

If you set this indicator, the stock quantity that is still outstanding is automatically posted in accordance with the stock posting proposal in the usage decision code, when you save the usage decision.

You cannot prevent this transfer posting.

Hope this helps

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

This link for Block UD, If RR is incomplete.

But my requirement is Block UD saving, If Stock posting is not done.

What happens you know, for a segregation lot the users doing UD saving(ASEG) for the purpose of lot closing. But, the Inspection qty is still under segregation by vendor for certain period. After some time the lot is still pending for some other reason. The stock qty is in RPL one day which become issue.

So, I need a system for this. UD saving itself the system should show a error message contains 'Stock posting is not completed'

Moreover, i don't want automatic stock posting for pending stock thru' selected codes.

VRMP.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VRMP,

Simple solution to handle this is with user exit, with a condition that if stock to be posted is not equal to zero-> UD cannot be saved.

We had the same requirement from users, user exit works fine

Hope this should solve ur issue

Regards

Venugopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VRMP,

Gajesh is guiding you in 100% correct way. Status Profile will work for you exactly as per your requirement.

You will be in need to use the STD Profile "QM_L_001 - Inspection Lot Profile 1" will surely work for you. Herewith attaching some guiding links that are prepared to establish the control to prevent UD if RR is not done. Similarly look into for some business transaction that prevent UD before Stock posting.

[Thread - 1 |]

[Thread - 2|]

[Thread - 3|]

Or the at the other hand you can do it smarter way also.

Make the Posting proposal for UD code in Back ground in QS51 for each UD code. By doing this if the user will perform UD and save, system will; perform the Stock posting in background automatically.

Reagrds,

Shyamal

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear VRMP

i have given that as an example only. please explore to get the result you want. i will also try and let u know if i get the perfect solution

Regards

Gajesh