cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Tools Admin accounts & Login problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

Can anybody tell me if i can use my user id with the authorizations given to use the java tools like Visual Administrator / Config tool ?

When i tried with my user id, i am not able to login..

Do i need to use Administrator or J2ee_Admin ?

What is the main difference between Administrator and j2ee_admin ?

Help would be greatly appreciated and rewarded..

Thanks!

Addy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

J2EE_ADMIN is the JAVA administrator user account by default created in ABAP+JAVA installation ,

the Administrator same user account for only JAVA.

If you have ABAP+JAVA you can add for your user in 001 ABAP client the role SAP_J2EE_ADMIN

after restarting i think you can login in VA under your login.

IF only JAVA then in UME you need to add your user in Adminstrators GROUP

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergo,

Thanks for your reply.i have few questions below..

1. How do i know whether its dual stack or only java stack if i don't have access to mmc ?

2. I am given UID/PW which is through LDAP server, how do i know my permissions in UME ?

( is it only by checking my roles in identity mgt or do we have other options )

3. How do i know my access permissions in solaris when i am able to view, edit, create and copy files functions ?

> IF only JAVA then in UME you need to add your user in Adminstrators GROUP

Even in sandbox, ( I have super admin role & Administrators too ) i am unable to start VA.

Please help...Appreciate your time.

Regards,

Addy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

1) You have JAVA if you have access to VA, are able to connect to ABAP stack, try to telnet port 3200 to this server for example. Try to ask your Basis team ...

The second solution how you can check, then you open VA are you see "Default" connection? If in default are "Administrator" you have only JAVA.

2) Yes you need to check the GROUPS tab in UME and if you have only JAVA find "Administrators" group.

3) I'm not say anything ABOUT superadmin or administrator role , i'm say about "Administrators" group

after restart the application (if you can).

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo,

Thanks for your reply.

I am able to login now by giving port 8160 ( my CI =50 )

> 1) You have JAVA if you have access to VA, are able to connect to ABAP stack, try to telnet port 3200 to this server for example. Try to ask your Basis team ...

I don't want ask anybody. i tried with ---> open (my hostname) 3200 in Microsoft telnet...but, it does seem to start..still figuring out the telnet thing.

> The second solution how you can check, then you open VA are you see "Default" connection? If in default are "Administrator" you have only JAVA.

Yes, i see Administrator by default..so, its only JAVA...Thanks!

> 2) Yes you need to check the GROUPS tab in UME and if you have only JAVA find "Administrators" group.

yes, i am already in Administrators group

> 3) I'm not say anything ABOUT superadmin or administrator role , i'm say about "Administrators" group

Sorry...i meant super admin role & Administrators group only as you asked me.

Thankyou very much for your help and efforts..i appreciate it.

Addy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this thread since i am able to login..Thank you all for your support.

Addy