cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI over TIBCO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need to do an assessment on a project.Here they have got 80 interfaces working on Mercator.I need to show them that,XI is a good option and replace that with XI.

My question is,

1. I heard that mercator only does Mapping ,then how about routing.I mean how does Mercator transfer the message ?

2. Any documentation on Mercator ?

3. what are the main concepts I can discuss on saying XI would be the best option over TIBCO.

I got few details from the fallowing link.But,still if I can get,That would be great.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/home/integration%252bsolutions%252b-%252ba%252bco...

Bute these are outdated I guess...I need more info

Edited by: PSRK on Feb 3, 2009 11:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this thread for differences b/w XI and tibco... answer provided by kopparaju

and help your self using this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_business_integration_software

Sachin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer these links:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/home/integration%252bsolutions%252b-%252ba%252bco...

Mercator:

Mercator is a leader in offering SWIFT messaging and enabling tools in the marketplace. Beginning with TSI and Braid, Mercator built much of its franchise in financial services by offering an extensive library in support of SWIFT. It is likely that more SWIFT messages are generated by Mercator software than by any other financial messaging vendor, and half of its relationships, particularly with the custodian bank community, started as a result of a SWIFT messaging initiative.

Tibco:

TIBCO is described as having the most advanced BPM features overall, spanning both integration-centric and human-centric features due to the company's aggressive strategy to sustain competitive advantage by adding leading-edge features, whether via internal development or strategic acquisition.

For the integration of custom applications into the e-business infrastructure, TIBCO makes available a comprehensive Software Development Kit that enables enterprises to build their own adapters.

SAP XI:

XI is well suited for connecting SAP systems with each other and with non-SAP. SAP XI provides an integrated workflow engine that allows defining adapters to non-XML protocols and mappings to convert data content from source to target format.

XI comes handy particularly incase of SAP - Non SAP interfaces where you can import standard integration content. Also XI has got sophisticated open standard adapter framework which is very easy to implement and custom logic can be implemented using Adapter module programming.

Comparison:

Features SAP XI TIBCO 5.0

Complete A2A and B2B solution Very Strong Strong

BPM Very Strong Strong

WorkFlow Strong Strong

Development Environment Very Strong Strong

Data Introspection Strong Strong

Versioning Strong *Average

LDAP Support Very Strong Strong

Standard Adapter Average Strong

System Landscape Directory Available NA

Software Life Cycle Management Strong Average

Messaging & Queuing & Routing Strong Very Strong

Mapping Strong Strong

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PSRK,

TIBCO is best suited for integration between non-sap to non-sap applications ,But when it comes to the integration between the SAP to non-SAP systems XI is the best soultion coz it comes with the readily available content (ex.ALE/IDOCs direclty as message interface with no need of defining them explicitly in XI editors).So we dont need special connectors and adapter in this case.no other Integration platfroms does that.

MERCATOR is also like a integrator but extensively used in B2B integrations.I has good support to EDI based applications.Xi supports EDI communications too as B2B integration using SEEBURGER Adapters

Summarazing all the above points We can clearly see that XI can provide complete integration solution for both non-sap to non-sap and sap to sap ......combination goes irrespective to the no of interfaces in each platform.Especially when we have SAP systems in place it is THE BEST.

With the latest version of XI-->PI 7.1 Xi is no more a integration broker,its more than that and provides lot many features to implement ESOA architecture in the BusinessLandscape.look into sdn ESOA category for more informatio on ESOA.

Thanks,

Ram.