cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shiping points

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have assigned 2 shipping points to a plant. I have entered it in the shipping point determination table but it wont show up in the order as an option. What am i missing here?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You may multiple Shipping points assigned to your Plant, but system will not give you a Pop-up of the list of Shipping point.

System will pick the Shipping point from the assignment you have done in cutomisation (OVL2).

Shipping point is determined by three fields,

Shipping condition + Loading group + Delivering Plant -

> Shipping point.

This assignment is unique, I mean, for the same combination of Shipping condition, Loading group and Plant, you can not have have more than one Shipping point.

For example, suppose your Plant is "ABC" and it has two Shipping points "1000" and "2000" assigned to it.

Suppose, the "Shipping condition" is "02" and "Loading group" of your material is "0003".

Now, when you are going for Shipping point assignment(OVL2) and if you have done the assignment like this below,

02(sh.cond) + 0003(loading grp) + ABC(plant) -

> 1000

then, you can not have another assignment like below (for the same comination),

02(sh.cond) + 0003(loading grp) + ABC(plant) -

> 2000

That means for the combination { 02(sh.cond) + 0003(loading grp) + ABC(plant) }, you can specify only one "Shipping point" (i.e, 1000 or 2000 ).

Ofcourse, you can store as an alternative Shipping point the other one, so that system will allow you to change the Shipping point to the alternative one in the Sales order.

Therefore system picks the Shipping point automatically in the Sales order for each item, from this assignment without any pop-up.So, if the value is unique, then why system will give you a pop-up ?

I hope, it is clear.

Regards

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saad

I think Pradamyuna's explanation is very perfect

In OVL2 for a single combination (shipping conditionloading groupdelivering plant) you can have a proposed shipping point automatically

This is unique

For the same combination you cant have another shipping point

So where is the confusion

Regards

Raja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saad

According to me if you have assigned to the plant to shipping point and maintained your shipping point determination settings in OVL2 shipping point will naturally picked up in the sales order

If you have multiple shipping points assigned to the same combination i think that you have to select manually the shipping point in the sales order at item level in the shipping tab

In this case the system will not throw any error or warning or incompleteion settings

Naturally if the system could not determine shipping point in the order itself it will give the hint so that it aletrs us before delivery

Regards

Raja

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you are aware, you have to create the shipping point in OVXD and assign to your plant in OVXC.

Also for the combination of Shipping Conditio from your Customer Master, Loading Group from your Material Master and Delivering Plant, you need to assign the shipping point.

Last but not least, go to Sale order and click on Shipping tab. There ensure that the delivering plant is flowing. If not, input manually so that the shipping point will flow automatically.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check Shipping condition in customer master data and loading group in material master. These should be same as maintained in OVL2.

Regards,

Abhee.