cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM_ERR_FAILED: Object manager is not activated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am having a developer reporting an issue while he is trying to import config from NWDI . In the dialogue box when he selects the radio button for "remote" to import the config he gets the following error message ...

CIM_ERR_FAILED: Object manager is not activated

Could you guys please help me out here as I am not able to spot this error in any trace file on the NWDI server .

Thanks !

Regards

Deepak Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Earlier we are also facing same problem, please clarify this one, are you maintaining Central SLD or your SLD is in NWDI Server?

if you are maintaining Central SLD you have to maintain same user in NWDI and SLD server with same password.

Let me know if you need any thing more.

Thanks and Regards,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Abhiram ,

We have the sld residing on a different server . Are you talking about the CMS user in NWDI domain data configuration ? That user has the same user id/pwd in both the systems .

Regards

Deepak Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

no, the CMS User defined in the Domain is used for inter-nwdi communication (CBS to DTR and SLD etc...).

You need to check the user that he logs on with in the NWDS. Just give him SLD Admin rights (role lcradministrator) to test.

If you have a remote SLD on another server you need to have identical users/password on the NWDI server(s) and the SLD.

regards,

Andi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey ,

The permissions were right but the problem indeed was of SLD .The developer had a misunderstanding that the config in NWDS for JDI has to point to NWDI server and not the SLD . In our case the central SLD does not exist on NWDI server .

Thanks anyways . Full marks awarded .

Regards

Deepak Singh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its an erro coming from the SLD.

The user properbly does not have the correct access to the SLD.

Regards,

Andi

P.S.

If you have a remote SLD you have to make sure you have the user configured in both UME's by the way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Andi ,

Thanks for your input . Could you be more specific as to what kind of access we are looking for . I chewcked with him and he can access the SLD using his user id .

Regards

Deepak Singh