Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR security -- PA30

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody help me in creating a role . where, in transaction PA30 we all know that there will be no of tabs like Basic personal data,payroll, benefits etc..., here i need to create a roll so that the user assigned with this role should have access to change only benefits tab and all the other tab should be in display mode only .

Can anybody help me in this...

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a read through function module HR_READ_INFOTYPE. It explains the concept quite nicely.

If you have no idea what this function module is, then it is best to get some training or read up about the HR authorization objects and concept first, before you start.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I do have knowledge on HR authorization objects ,but my concern is .. is there any way to restrict the access of the tcode PA30 where the user should have access to only BENEFITS TAB and the other tab should be in DISPLAY MODE.

could you please help me how to control it .

0 Kudos

The visibility of a tab and the ability to use it are different things.

Some transactions will check authority before making tabs and buttons visible, but that is just UI programming to make it user friendly (from the perspective of the normal end user).

The ability to use it and access the data is more important.

PA30 is quite a complex transaction, to perhaps this added complexity of user friendly tab visibility was skipped (?), or alternately it might be checking a DUMMY value, and you have something (even if meaningless) in the authorization objects for Benefits Infotypes?

Another possibility is that SAP* has full authority for a PD profile, and the users don't have any PD profile assignments of their own.

Cheers,

Julius