cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Splitting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I have a iDOC - to - iDOC scenario where i need to split an idoc on receiving side without using BPM. Can anybody please tell me how to do it . We are running on SP14

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you seen this blog ?

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Regards

Shravan

Werner_Magerl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

please check the restrictions in the weblog.

It is not possible to use a multi mapping to split

idocs.

Either you have to use a BPM or you use the workaround from SAP: see OSS NOTE 814393.

There are also a lot of thread in the SDN how to export/import the IDOC XSD to fix that problem.

best regards

Werner Magerl

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to add to what Werner said.

<b>Multimapping works only for adapters that run on the j2ee egine</b>.

but, IDOC adapter runs on the ABAP engine and so as your IDOC adapter will be used as your receiver IDOC adapter, unfortunately, <b>multi mapping will not work in your case and you will have to go for a BPM.</b>

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

According to OSS notes I have done the changes in XSD fine and imported into Message Mapping , do i need to do some more settings as tried to send messages and thery were not splitting

please suggest me

Manish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I am not sure about which OSS note are you talking about. Can you explain in more detail what you are trying.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi manish,

I just went thrugh the note. <b>Packaging is used to collect multiple IDOCs without a BPM.</b>

In your case, as you are doing an IDOC to IDOC scenario, Pakaging can be used to collect multiple IDOCs as source, <b>but they cannot be SPLIT using MULTI MAPPING because, your sender IDOC adapter reides on the ABAP engine and not on the J2EE Engine.</b>

Regards,

Bhavesh

Werner_Magerl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

no, thats all.

The Interfacemapping is the same.

But please check in the mapping that you build a mapping on the UNBOUNDED segment now. But I think you have done that.

Just for understanding:

This mapping will not create singel IDOCs in XI, this will create an IDOC package and this IDOC package is sent through the IDOC adapter then.

In your R/3 system you will get single IDOCs then.

best regards

Werner

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Werner,

If the occurence of the source and destination IDOC is changed by means of pakaging, then is there a need to go for a multimapping or can it just be a normal CLASSIC mapping?

Can you just explain this a little further?? Because this work around sounds very good and useful.

Something that I had never thought about for so long and something so simple..!!

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

As Jithesh said, copy your idoc source to your system, change maxoccurs to "unbounded" and reimport in into XI as an External Definition. Use this ED as your message mapping program alone.

Dont think there will be a problem in message mapping here..

Cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I generate multiplw idocs from single idoc using mapping ?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Can you explain what you mean when you say multiple idocs into a single idoc??

Regards,

Bhavesh

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manish,

You can generate multiple Idocs from single idocs uisng MultiMapping concept of XI.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

After packaging idoc can I split the idoc in multiple idocs in mapping ? if yes do you know how to do it . please let me know

Manish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

MultiMapping will not work with an IDOC adapter. So, to split your multiple IDOC into many IDOCS, do the packaging on your destination IDOC type as well.

Do your normal Interface Mapping. And now, the IDOC will be sent as a single IDOC from XI, but when they reach R3, they will be split into multiple IDOCs.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manish,

u can try the concept of packaging.create a external defenition for ur IDOC in the receiver side wher u give the <b>maxoccurance as unbounded</b> for the idoc.

And use this extenal defenition in mapping.so,for every sender idoc u can have multiple receiver idoc so that u can perform the split without using BPM.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

In this case, you need to use BPM. Because current version supports multimapping for J2EE based adapter engines.

DO the multimapping and then use this mapping in the BPM as a transformation step and go further.

Regards,

Moorthy