cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel has reached maximum concurrency (5,000 concurrent messages)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have executed a scenario: IDocs to AS400 (JDBC Adapter). Some IDocs were processed succesfully but some are giving the following error.

"com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Channel has reached maximum concurrency (5,000 concurrent messages) and no free resource found within 5,000 milliseconds; increase the maximum concurrency level"

Can any one faced this problem? Please do needful...

Regards,

Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

5000 concurrent messages on one adapter ?? I recommend to revise the architecture of that scenario

The load on the database will be much too high if you allow 5.000 concurrent messages.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

We are experiencing the same error message.

Can you tell us the fix from your side to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error occurs when the channel has only few (minimum 1) resources in the pool(to connect the DB in parallel) and the messages load to that channel is high. Hence, channel will reach to maximum concurrency( minimum 1, by default). In this case, you can increase this maximum concurrency value to higher value (could be 3 to 5) and check whether the issue is happening still.

Hope this feature implementation will solve your problem.

Regards,

Soorya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

this error-messages comes from the parameter messaging.system.queueParallelism.maxReceivers which is described in SAP-note 1136790. This is a parameter on BS/service-layer that means e.g. 5 workerthreads might be used for accessing one external database. The parameter should help that erors in an external database will not impact the PI.

Of course you can increase parallelism on communication-channel-layer but it makes only sense until the value that is configuered in VA for messaging.system.queueParallelism.maxReceivers

Former Member
0 Kudos

How was the problem resolvrs..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done myself

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done myself

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Ask your basis to increase the Max number of occurances for JDBC adapter....

Karna...