Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Sender Adapter error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using JDBC sender adapter.

I am using Query SQL Statement and Update SQL statement in Sender JDBC adapter.

If Query SQL statement fails is UPdate SQL statement will execute or not?

regards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it will work..eventhough if first one fails

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The select and update query are applied usually on same column. Considering meaning of failed query as empty results, update query will get executed but will not update any row. If by failed query, you mean error, then you will see error message in RWB and update statement won't work.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actully I am executin two stored procedures.

First eecute is to get the result from the database. In the second one I am intializing the database.

Once intilize sp executes in the Db only i will get result with another SP.

what i was thinking is in first run it excute query is fail but update query will intialize database and second run onwords it will get data from the database.

So in the first run data is not intialized so it got the error, but how can we know update query is executed or not in the PI. becoz in the second run also i am getting same error.

regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you've set the to stored procedures in 1 Interface determination only then if the select query failed then it will not execute the update statement for the other stored procedure. Also you will recieve an error in RWB saying something wrong happened during processing.

Regards,

Alfred

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

no.

from [Sap help: Configuring the Sender JDBC Adapter|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/7e/5df96381ec72468a00815dd80f8b63/content.htm]: "Processing can only be performed correctly when the Transaction Isolation Level is set to repeatable_read or serializable"

Regards,

Udo