cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC 5.3 Hardware RAM specification of 1 J2EE system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a hardware doubt... We want to install the SAP GRC AC 5.3. The four application in the same SAP NW 7.0 AS Java instance.

I have read some specification about each application, it talked about the SAPs that it need it each one.

The question is... Do I have tu add all the RAM of each application, or do I have to get only the bigger RAM application???

What I mean is do I have to add the RAR, ERM, CUP & SPM RAM of each other, or do I have to get the bigger RAM to use in the J2EE system???.

Best Regards...

pablo Mortera.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pablo,

It depends on which functionalities you will be executing at same time or simulataneously. Are you going to do role sync in RAR and CUP same time or not??? If not, you don't need to add the SAPs but take the highest number.

Just add the SAPs for RA in RAR, CUP, and ERM, request submission in CUP, and management reports, you should be good.

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have seen that PDF. What I want to know if I have 2000 SAPs in each applicacion (RAR, SPM, CUP AND ERM), do I have to add them??? It gives me 8000 SAPs or do I have to that only 2000 SAPs????

Best regards...

Pablo Mortera.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

It depends on which functionalities you will be executing at same time or simulataneously.

It should be mentioned in the AC 5.3 sizing guide at

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000071612&_SCENARIO=011000358700000001...

Did you use T-shirt sizing or Expert sizing? My personal recommendation is to have enough SAPs available for Risk analysis in RAR, CUP and ERM and management report. All other activities are mostly initial synchronization.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK,

So what you say is that I have to add at least 4 Gb for the J2EE. But what should I do with the SAPs that come with each application??? I know that the Disk space is to add each one, but with the RAM????

Do I have to add it???

Best regards...

Pablo Mortera.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Firstly i think you need to add ram to the server on which java instance is installed .You will deploy the components on the java instance .So go ahead with the sap recomendation which says atleast 4 gb...u add ram to the server not to the components .plz correct me if i am wrong ....