cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem transporting a processchain with background job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

I have created a background job which includes an activity(this activity is created to run a Macro in background). I attached this background job in a process chain. When I transported this process chain the background job didn't go to SCQ.

My question is when transporting a processchain, do I need to transport background job first and then process chain? If I have to transport background job, what are the steps to transport background job?

Thanks,

Pavani.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavani,

You need to transport the jobs first and then the process chain next. You can create the background jobs in the production and hook them up in process chain.

The issue with transporting the activities is that the macros are assigned a GUID in a system and when you transport, the activities get disturbed and we have to reselect them.

By the way, did you transport the macros first?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for your reply. I did transport macro and then tried to transport processchain. What are the steps to transport background job?

Thanks,

Pavani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would just manually create the job in the production system. it is open.

You also have the option of transporting the planning area with the check box "Background jobs" in transaction /sapapo/tsobj.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge,those DP background jobs cannot be transported to any system as they do not have a Object directory entry.

You will need to manually create these activities and jobs.