cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Tutorial Sample Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I want to run the Getting started scenario for SAP MDM, listed on SDN https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-mdm?rid=/webcontent/uuid/c039d0df-0901-0010-16b4-8fdc4bf639e3. [original link is broken]

I have downloaded the MDM 5.5 version scenario, but am not able to connect to the repository after unarchiving the a2a file.

I use MDM 5.5 SP05 version, does anyone have a a2a file, for this scenario, which matches my MDM version?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chang,

It would be better if you create a new repository on your server and use that in your scenario.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As Jitesh Talreja stated, the MDM 5.5 repository available on SDN is only designed to match MDM 5.5 as of Patch 6.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

What I don't understand is why it is only possible to dowload a2a files for SP06 and not previous service packs. The scenario in Online help is not limited to a specific service packs and not all customers patches their system at the same time.

Sorry, I just needed to get rid of some frustrations.

Best regards

Chang Thomsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chang,

What is the error message you are getting while connecting to the repository after archieving?

Check the following:

- Make sure you have correctly unarchived the .a2a file on to the MDM server .

- Once you unarchive the file you should be able to view that repository in the list of repositories under that server If you are not able to view it.

- Then right click on the server and select Mount repository and select your repository from th list.

- Once the rep is on th server list you need to connect to the rep.

- You can connect to nay rep yusing the default Login which is Admin and password Blank.

- Once your repo is connected Load it.Right Click->Load.

You can then work with the other MDM clients for that repository.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chang,

What error you are getting?

If it says that repository is newer than MDM Server then you need to upgrade your MDM Server.

If you are not able to login into the repository then try with user admin (case sensitive) with blank password.

Try with MDM 5.5 SP06, UnArchive the repository and Update it if necessary.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh

The error message is "repository is newer than MDM server"

Currently it is not an option to upgrade the MDM server, therefore am I looking for an a2a file, which can run on MDM 5.5 SP05 version.

Best regards

Chang Thomsen