cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM - Address group me01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to kindly ask you for an information. We need to update the search help in me21n -> Delivery address tab -> Address field. We see that there is an address group me01 automatically selected in the pop up window. This pulls out several addresses, which we then can choose as a delivery address. Does anybody know what the option me01 means? how can wee update it? in which transaction? The problem we have is, that we see several same addresses, without street number. This confuses the user, while selecting the correct address. For example: there is only one street but has different numbers (8a, 8b etc).

Thank you very much for all ideas.

Katarina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. ME01 addresses are created in transaction MEAN.

The delivery address tab in the PO only allows you to select in these manually created addresses.

This post should probably be in the MM forum, not the SRM one by the way.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave, thank you for the answer. In the meantime, I have found the transaction myself.

Problem is, that when we have more than 1 item in a PO and want to choose one of the delivery address options from the search help, this causes that each address appears under each line item even the address is the same.

PS: yes, sorry it should be MM

Thanks

Katarina

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way, do you know what does it mean me01? what kind of group it is? in the transaction MEAN we cannot find any "GROUP" field where it is possible to change it... thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. If you enter all your PO lines, then choose the address on line 1 by selecting it from the address field, you should get a pop up box asking if you want to copy this to all lines.

If you press yes then it should copy the same address number to each line and print at the top of the PO.

The easiest way to check is SE16 / SE16N. Look in EKPO for your PO. If all the lines have the same address number (field ADRNR) then the address should print at the top, presuming you are using the standard print program SAPFM06P.

ME01 means a manual address created in MEAN, you can not choose, the system chooses for you.

It is because of central address management, all addresses are stored in table ADRC with a different address group to let the system know where it came from and where to use it.

If you key a one off manual address into a PO, without using the address number, it will be stored as group ME02 for example.

Vendor and customer addresses are group BP and so on.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much for this information.

katarina