cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner question - Creating a simple flight info application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've just started learning ABAP Web Dynpro and have completed the exercise to create the sflight application.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/e6/2c4b29dc87c6409d6469ec390e8f3d/frameset.htm

so far so good...

I then added a button on the display view to take the application back to the search view, again this worked ok. But i then noticed that when I click on the search button again the 'GETFLIGHTS' method is no longer called and the display screen always displays the data from the first seach. (I have checked in de-bugging and the method is only called the first time the search is initiated).

??

Any help most appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This is becuase this application uses a supply function. The supply function is only fired by the framework when an invalidated or initial node is accessed. Quickly studying the tutorial, in a real application I probably wouldn't follow this structure of using a supply function for this very problem. You would need to invalidate the context node on the navigation plug in order to get the supply funciton to fire again.

I think this is just a very simplist example that was designed to demonstrate the basic techniques and wasn't really designed for multiple navigations back and forth. Probably best to learn what you can from this tutorial and then move on to more advanced ones.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to complement what Thomas wrote, if you want to invalidate the node do the following on the navigation plug:

data lr_node type ref to if_wd_context_node.

*Get the reference to the node, something like
*lr_node = wd_context->get_child_node( wd_this->wdctx_sflight ).

lr_node->invalidate();

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Removed by moderator

Edited by: Thomas Jung on Feb 3, 2009 7:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the response. I'll move onto something a bit more complicated