Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source System Creation Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I want to connect R/3 system to BW.

When I Create the connection in RSA1, I fill in the required fields, get prompted to log on as an admin to the source system (my user does have admin rights there), I "Continue" when I am promtped that the user already exists and I should continue only if user/pass are correct, when the pop-up that "RFC destination already exists in source system" appears - i choose "Use".

Then, I am returned to the BW system, and a message is produced:

---

Error in source system <SOURCESYSTEM>

Message no. RSAR502

Diagnosis

With Remote Function Call to system <SOURCESYSTEM> error Screen output without connection to user. ccurred.

Procedure

Remove the cause of the error

Regards

L.Prathap

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathap,

While creating the Source system from R/3 to BW, we need to provide the correct passwords for the Users ex: ALEREMOTE in R/3 and BW remote in BW system then we need to use the RFC connection if exists. Please check wether the RFC connection is working or not. If it is working use the same and in the next screen login as an adminstrator in which the user is having full authorisations.

In RFC connection please check wether the user in the R/3 system is the same user which you have provided while creating the source system connectivity.

Thanks,

Pundari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if there is any authorization failure from tcode SU53 immediately after u try to create the source system connection.

Also check with the Basis team if the remote login to source system is allowed for your user.

-PA1