cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meaning of multiple interface determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm still starting with XI and some doubts are appearing while I get deeper into it. My doubt here is what's the sense in configuring more than one inbound interface in interface determination.

As you specificy sender and receiver services, and interface, how does it makes sense? I mean, the specified interface is forcing implicitily the inbound interface, so it doesn't make sense to define two different inbound interfaces.

Unless of course you choose the same inbound interface more than once, with different interface mappings, but then, which one would be chosen for an actual communication?

Thanks in advance.

(Environment XI 7.0)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunil_pandey6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Outbound Interface you receive the message when you want to send it to mutliple System (Example: ECC and BI) you will create two Inbound interface A and Interface B both the interface have different structure, different mapping programme and different communication channel, so same message is pass on to two different interface, so it means multiple interface deliver the message to multiple system.

With Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you answered my question. I'm talking about configuration of two inbound interfaces in a single interface determination object.

In this image you can see one of my interface determinations:

[picture|http://img26.imageshack.us/my.php?image=interfacedet1ju7.jpg]

Sender service and sender interface are set and can't be modified, just as receiver service. This configuration is making mandatory that in the "configured interfaces" section, the inbound interface is BAPI_MATERIAL_GETALL, because that is the output message type of MI_OUT_S_0422_BAPI_MATERIAL_GETALL.

So what's the sense of adding a new line in the "configured interfaces" section?

It would only make sense using BAPI_MATERIAL_GETALL as inbound interface (is mandatory as I wrote before), and specify a different interface mapping. However, in that case, which one of those two would be used in runtime?

(Please answer directly to my questions and not just a general paragrafh. Otherwise I don't think we will get a successful communication. If what I write can't be understood please ask me.)

Thanks.

sunil_pandey6
Explorer
0 Kudos

So what's the sense of adding a new line in the "configured interfaces" section?

Ans: Whenever you add new line in Configure Inbound Interface and you check the box Maintain Order at Runtime it means message is receive by two inbound interface at runtime in sequence, if first one fail second one will not execute but if you do not check the check box both the inbound interface will receive the message.

It would only make sense using BAPI_MATERIAL_GETALL as inbound interface (is mandatory as I wrote before), and specify a different interface mapping. However, in that case, which one of those two would be used in runtime?

Ans: No you can use different inbound interface if you want, it is not mandatory to use same inbound interface, If you specify two inbound interface in Interface determination then both will execute at runtime separately and you can see two entry in Receiver Determination, so you can specify separate communication channel to these interface determinations, it means you can send message to two different system (one for SAP System through RFC Adapter and other to shared directory/FTP through File Adapter) at same time.

With Regards

Sunil

sunil_pandey6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Even you have two option in Type of Interface Determination, Standard and Enhanced, Enhanced means at runtime we will decide Inbound Interface. We call it Dynamic Interface Determination.

Answers (0)