cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to consume the webservice runtime during click on Upload button?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I have requirement in which I need to consume the webservice of Documentum system? while click on the UPLOAD button.

When the user clicks on the Upload button webservices should be consumed by the webdynpro screen and the documents should be passed to documentum system?

How to do that? Is there any sample project for this? Share the steps with me

Thanks in Advance,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i could understand your requirement, you need to access a service end point provided by documentum to post the data when the upload button is pressed

If this the requirement

Following are the steps

1) When the upload button is pressed access the data uploaded using the IWDResource. if needed you can even convert this to the type which is needed by your ws service provider

2) Invoke the Ws service(Options you have are either create a ws model) create the context structure and execute this.

3) specify the data uploaded as the parameter to the method exposed by the WS.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the argument type of Web Service method?

vinod v

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Argument type of webservices is document type(It will grap the document of pdf format from the portal and return the string value)?

Webdynpro screen will have a button called Upload byclicking on that button webdynpro has to consume the webservices generated by the documentum.

Documentum has the functionality to grab the document from the webdynpro and it return the stirng value after the succeful commit.

Hope you are clear.

Thanks in Advance,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the basic idea;

You have a File Upload UI in your application, that gets you Data in IWDResource Type.

On upload Click button, you will have to call the WebService method that expects some parameters and a return value.

See that parameter type (not file type such as pdf) is of IWDResource/ byte[] some thing like that..

Steps needed are:

1) findout the parameter types of method (if its different than IWDResource, we need to convert to expected type)

2) call the method in upload button action, by passing the value.

3) get the return string and print it.

vinod v