cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering a Workflow from Milestones in Project systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to trigger my workflow frm a milestone.

Can any1 give me the steps for this.

Thank You,

Radhika Vadher

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you assign milestone to the WBSe or NWA, you can select the functions tab page and here you can assign predefined milestone functions - workflow as per the system status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vishal,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have assigned a workflow in the fucntions, but im unable to understand when this workflow would be triggered.

Could you elaborate on this .

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

when you confirm the activity

the milestone will also gets confirmed at this time this

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can decide when you want to trigger the work flow.

On the functions tab of milestone, select "start workflow task", then set when you want to trigger this workflow in "Sys.Sts" (System Status) field.

For example: CRTD Created, REL Released, CNF Confirmed, PCNF Partially confirmed etc..

So set under which system status you want to trigger it.

In "Change" field put "+" (Status set). Define whether you want to trigger it only once, in "Once" field. Then finally in "Activa" (Activate function) field, chose how want to activate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like mentioned, u can set user statuses or system statuses to trigger the workflow which could be seen in the mailboxes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want to trigger a workflow from PS when a milestone is reached.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer previous reply.

Here I'm summarizing the steps for you.

1. Assign a milestone to any activity/& WBSE according to your requirement.

2. Then go to functions tab in Milestone. Select "start workflow task"

3. Set the system status as "CNF", which means, when you reach/ achieve this milestone, trigger the workflow.

4. Finally in "Change" field put "+" (Status set). Define whether you want to trigger it only once, in "Once" field. Then finally in "Activa" (Activate function) field, chose how want to activate it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi People,

I have similar doubt, i tried setting function for CNF status, but still when i saved that particular project, it didn't triggered selected workflow task?

Can anybody tell me, how to change the status for the Project?

What i need to do now after saving the project to trigger that workflow through milestone?

Please reply on this.

Thanks,

Runal

Former Member
0 Kudos

The indicator milestone functions is a prerequisite for triggering a milestone function (on the basic data page of the milestone). check if you have maintained it. I think this should solve your query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made the necessary configs there( indicator milestone function) .

After changing the status accordingly, a dialog box appears in which the milestone function, the network and the corresponding activity are listed.

But the issue is....the workflow is not getting triggered. ( the task number is configured in the milestone function)

otherwise the workflow gets triggered if run manually from SWDD.

Please help...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all..

I could trigger a milestone form PS system..Points awarded.....

Answers (0)